Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where Is Everybody?

With most of the planet on lockdown, I find the lack of activity here disappointing. You would think that with people sitting home and doing what they should about social distancing, people might spend a little more time chatting on the forums. The shaving and drum forums I am on are far more active than usual. Yet this one seems to have gone the other direction. Tell us what you are doing to pass the time. Card games? Board games? Drinking games? Movies? Binge watching TV series? Sex? What up homies?
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Super Moderator
    Weekends are traditionally slow here on the Coffee Forum website. I expected to see a lot of activity today, but so far there hasn't been much action.

I'm sure it will pick up as the days go by.

~ Rose

Watching movies on steam, reading, and doing a lot of comfort eating. It's a bummer that the gyms are closed in NJ. I was just starting to make some progress. lol

Nice to hear from someone AfricanCoffeeForever. NJ resident here as well. Buckle up because things are about to get pretty nasty over the next week or so. As the weather gets warmer I plan on getting on my bike a bit. Fortunately that is allowed. Try not to do too much comfort eating. Even though the gym is closed, you can still do pushups, crunches, lunges, wall squats and all sorts of things witout any equipment. Now all I need to do is take my own advice.

I've also been drinking tons of coffee. What coffees have you been drinking MntnMan?

Super Moderator
    Sorry I have been quiet. Lock down has not been issued yet here in Florida. I have been crazy busy filling online orders. I am pretty sure they will shut our restaurants soon...My roastery is nice. I do not have to interact with anyone if I choose not to. Every time I think I can take a break I get another order. I am going to enjoy the biz while it lasts. I offered free shipping as well as buy 2 get 1 free...it helped. Oh well be safe y'all...gotta run...got more orders to fill.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

This is the most bizarre forum I visit. I don't come here much, because its never busy. This isn't really new.

Also, some of the questions seem really weird (like the question about finding help for a mother who has had a stroke).

I'm working from home on about quarter power right now. Once my editing work has dried up (I reckon I have about a week's worth, because I was super busy before I got sent home), I'll probably put my work computer away and start playing X-Plane again. Still drinking lots of coffee, waiting for a shipment, and I bought a bag of Lavazza at Costco the other day in case our mail service stops delivering before I get my stash of fresh beans. The weather is nice today again, but its freezing out there. Literally around zero. Tomorrow we're expecting 25cm of snow. Spring indeed!
    A day without coffee is like... just kidding. I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanCoffeeForever View Post
    I've also been drinking tons of coffee. What coffees have you been drinking MntnMan?
    I'm drinking the same amount of coffee as usual. Just my one or two cups in the morning. I have been buying my beans from Bluestone Coffee Company in Montclair. I drink their Sumatra Takengon and I bought some Columbian decaf for my wife and son. All of it made in a french press and served as cafe au lait.

Quote Originally Posted by 709espresso View Post
    This is the most bizarre forum I visit. I don't come here much, because its never busy. This isn't really new.

Also, some of the questions seem really weird (like the question about finding help for a mother who has had a stroke).
    I have to agree. Strange questions and some strange ways of posting as well. Like posting a single sentence as a post, then another sentence as another post and so on.

Ya there were too many strange questions from strange/bored people. The best way to deal with them is to ignore them. I don't even bother looking at the post.

In Ontario, Canada where I am, all things have been closed since last Monday. As of tomorrow, all non essential business' are to close ...whatever that means. As it was, the only place you could go was the grocery store, pharmacy and maybe a restaurant for takeout only.

The most realistic guess I have heard was a reopening of business in June.......which means another 3 months of expenses with no income. Most of our business is restaurant supply which has gone to zero. We do have some online but that is a pittance.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links