How many cups of coffee should you drink a day?

Bmck63

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site
  • You live longer! (4-5 cups a day)
  • Helps with depression (at least 2 cups a day)
  • Liver cancer reduced by 44% (2 cups a day)
  • 84% reduction of Liver Cirrhosis (4+ cups a day)
  • Reduced risk of Parkinson's (5+ cups a day)
  • 33% lower risk of Type 2 Diabetes (6 cups a day)
  • Improves blood flow to heart (3 cups a day)
[FONT=&quot]NOTE: If you are pregnant, refrain from coffee. Studies show that it can lead to low birth weight or even still birth. You can have up to 200mg a day of caffeine, but better safe than sorry. [/FONT]

aristopromo

Mar 29, 2020
India
Visit site
Good information. I would like to add here that coffee without milk and sugar is considered better. But most people in India serve coffee with milk and sugar. It is common here that if you order a hot cup of coffee in any restaurant then you won't be given black coffee, but with milk and sugar.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Good information. I would like to add here that coffee without milk and sugar is considered better. But most people in India serve coffee with milk and sugar. It is common here that if you order a hot cup of coffee in any restaurant then you won't be given black coffee, but with milk and sugar.

How do they know how much milk and sugar to put into the coffee before they serve it to you? Do they just add a little of each, and then you can add more if you want?

aristopromo

Mar 29, 2020
India
Visit site
Generally, they add milk and sugar in a quantity like one cup of milk + 2 to 3 teaspoons of refined sugar. In India, there is a default mentality among people that if you are ordering a hot cup of coffee then you will get it as shown in this image:

How-to-make-strong-coffee.jpg

But, there is an option for "black coffee" also. You need to say it specifically to the waiter or your host that you want a cup of "black coffee (without sugar)".

daveprall

Apr 20, 2020
TX
Visit site
Usually 4, but I'm trying to drink less. In time it became like fuel to me: I'm not looking for any flavour or joy, bottoms up and let's make more.

Bethany6

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
I genuinely thought that drinking coffee isn't good for your health no matter how many cups of it you drink a day o__o
BUT I should say there's no way for me to get to the office if I don't drink one before leaving the house.
those facts are really interesting, thx