Making Nitro Brew at Home

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
What is nitro brew?

Google is my friend. Here is a short answer to your question.

Nitro cold brew coffee (NCB) is a cold brew coffee charged with nitrogen to give it a rich, creamy head, similar to nitro draft beer like Guinness. ... This is a direct effect of nitrogen bubbles being smaller in size than those of carbon dioxide, resulting in a beverage with a thicker mouthfeel.

I've never had nitro brew coffee, but it sounds interesting.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I've not tried this new thing called nitro brew, either with coffee or beer. I'd be curious to hear from some of our more esteemed espresso experts what they think of nitrogen infused coffee. I admit I tend towards a more purist approach so I'm skeptical, yet all ears.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I have tried nitro coffee several times.
It is OK, but not as good as Guinness :coffee:

Agree 100%... of done Nitro coffee every possible way... its still just OK. I think I'm not a fan of cold brew which is the foundation. I love Japanese style iced coffee but can pass on nitro coffee. Now nitro beers... different story ;)

That sounds interesting. I wonder if cafes round the corner of my street have these. Would definitely love to try these one day. Thank you.
I use to a place near me that made in store and there is a place a city away that makes it. They along with another company in my area of FL also make canned versions. The coffee shop that makes canned nitro brew is named buddy brew. See if they can ship to other states.