Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23

    Would like reccomendations for coffee to try

    Hello
    I am looking to try some new coffee that would be comparable to the Kona Sunrise and Kauai Koloa Estate Coffee (10% Blends). These are very reasonably priced dark roast whole bean and I like them but concerned about availability. Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    8
    Thanks for the recommendation!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2
    I tried also Kona Sunrise and Kauai Koloa Estate Coffee and it's a good taste coffee i have ever tried.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    So far the closest thing I have found in comparison to the blended Hawaii coffee that I like has been "Pacific Rim / Whole Foods" but as far as breaking away from Amazon I found out that Whole Foods is owned by Amazon. So I am thinking some of the Central American coffee may be worth checking into. Since the Hawaiian blend is only a small percentage of actual Hawaiian coffee. Maybe it's the way they roast it.
    Last edited by Hydroid; 12-14-2020 at 04:02 PM.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    So if there's only a 10% blend in the kona, whatever is the other 90% is what I'm actually tasting.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    8
    Kona Sunrise is a great coffee. I had this coffee the first time I went to Maui and loved it and I was so happy to be able to order online! Best coffee ever! I always have that little morning taste of Hawaii and love to start my day in with it. Just the best!


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydroid View Post
    So if there's only a 10% blend in the kona, whatever is the other 90% is what I'm actually tasting.
    Have you tried to look on and see the other ingredients that were blended with Kona?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by knoble View Post
    Have you tried to look on and see the other ingredients that were blended with Kona?
    I just sent a message to them asking this question, waiting for a reply.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    Hodgfrog: The Kauai Koloa Estate Coffee is my all time favorite. I'm not an expert and I have limited experience but for me, it's the bomb.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    18
    Hey I'm a fan of dark roast so awesome thread, thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to give this Kona Sunrise next time I have a chance.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Reccomendations to record roasting profiles
    By mespinosa in forum Coffee Roasters
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 08:49 AM
  2. Looking for reccomendations.
    By jaupro in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso Beans
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-28-2012, 08:33 AM
  3. Reccomendations?
    By rickyp in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 04:46 PM