[Identify Cof*fee mak*er] used by Turn*er / Red*ford) as in Three Days of the condor

MadsGormLarsen

Dec 19, 2020
Visit site
[Identify Coffee maker] used by Turner / Redford) as in Three Days of the condor

Can you identify this coffee maker from the movie Three Days of the Condor. It it a drip-o-lator or a percolator coffee maker. Can you identify the brand - it looks like a Ilsa at the spout. Anything you could tell me would help. Thanks in advance.

54148-1582535261.jpg

Last edited:

Gibibecca

Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
I haven't even heard of this movie, so now I want to watch it.
But, unfortunately, on YouTube I don't like to watch movies cause I'm constantly distracted by something else, you know :images:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
It's a percolator. I am not a fan. It basically works by pushing boiling water upwards through a tub to the top of a perforated basket. It then "showers" the grounds and back down to the bottom where it all happens again. So first off, you never want to make coffee with boiling water. It makes the coffee sour. Then it boils the coffee again and the perking happens all over again. To me..that is over extracting the cup.
If you want one you can pick them up cheap. I did a quick search and found them to be between 20 bux and up. https://www.etsy.com/listing/100639...-1-3&from_market_listing_grid_organic=1&frs=1

Koverland

Apr 29, 2021
Visit site
But, unfortunately, on YouTube I don't like to watch movies cause I'm constantly distracted by something else, you know :images:

If you expect it to be a romantic story with a lot of coffee and romance, then I hasten to dissuade you from this. This is a spy thriller starring Robert Redford. I can even say that this is a classic of the spy genre, but there is really a lot of coffee there :heart:

I watched it with my friend, and we drank coffee twice in the process just because of the desire to repeat the cool men in the movie LOL There are a lot of shows in this genre, by the way. And the best is The Americans 2013. This is my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadsGormLarsen

Dec 19, 2020
Visit site
It's a percolator. I am not a fan. It basically works by pushing boiling water upwards through a tub to the top of a perforated basket. It then "showers" the grounds and back down to the bottom where it all happens again. So first off, you never want to make coffee with boiling water. It makes the coffee sour. Then it boils the coffee again and the perking happens all over again. To me..that is over extracting the cup.
If you want one you can pick them up cheap. I did a quick search and found them to be between 20 bux and up.

Thanks - but I'm not looking for a percolator og a drip-o-lator - I'm looking the exact one specifically in the movie :)

MadsGormLarsen

Dec 19, 2020
Visit site

It's not a movie about coffee really - although it is one of the few spy thriller movies, where the spy defends his life with a coffeepot :)