What do you enjoy, dislike about making coffee?

Tim Reed

Oct 25, 2005
Loughborough England
Visit site
Hi guys

I personally enjoy plunging my cafetiere and seeing the delicious coffee pour into my cup. I like opening a new packet of coffee, breaking the foil seal to reveal the fresh aroma.
What do you guys think - i'm crazy right? What do you enjoy or dislike?

Tim

NordstromCoffee

Jan 22, 2005
Visit site
I like the smell of the fresh ground espresso for my first cup of the day. I dislike customers that ask for no foam. Textured milk brings out the flavor. How could anyone want that flat tasteless milk?

medicdave

Nov 9, 2005
Upstate NY
Visit site
Coffee likes: The warm, cozy feeling you get with that first sip on a cold morning. The welcoming community of coffee drinkers. The way a coffee-run can break the ice with new colleages or stimulate conversation between old friends.

Damn, I sound like a Maxwell House commercial or something!

Coffee dislikes: When I forget to clean out the machine and have to toss day-old (or week-old?) grounds. When a store claims to sell "gourmet" coffee and I end up with a mug of black turpentine. Also, bad travel mugs.

SFG75

Dec 29, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
I love the smell and sounds when it is being transformed into the wonderful drink that it is. :) I absolutely hate dumping out the old filter if I'm using a drip machine. :!: