New and need some advice

DrWho

Apr 25, 2006
New York
Visit site
Hello everyone - I just joined this forum and I'm here to learn

I am in the process of opening a NEW Bakery and I would like to compete with my local Dunkin Donuts & Starbucks Coffee shops.

I'd like to serve the "best tasting" coffee, expresso and cappacino in the neighborhood.

This way I can build my customer base for my bakery products. So the cost per cup is not as important as the taste. I'd REALLY like to WOW-EM with my selection and quality.

I can use all the help I can get.. in need of suggestions.

cuppED

May 15, 2005
Visit site
my parent's own a bakery, and the #1 seller are kolaches! I would also try a combo thing, something like...

combo 1
1 kolache
1 medium coffee
$1.99

Robert Deason

May 1, 2006
Visit site
Find a roaster

You need to find a nearby roaster who will roast to your needs. Coffe goes bad anywhere from 8 to 20 hours after roasting. And don't think keeping it in an air-tight container works; it doesn't. That's why Starbucks is so good, It's as close to the roast as you can get it. If you want to sell the best, It must be the best beans, and freshly roasted. For the best beans, a small roaster will be charging more and to keep your prices at competition I suspect you'll have to have to bite the bullet on the coffee, and make up on your baked goods. You know, they'll have to be the best too!