Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Coffee Creamers

You all know that Silk makes a soy-based coffee creamer? It comes in a purple container. It is WONDERFUL, and doesn't curdle. When I run out of that, though, I do use SILK regular soy milk. It didn't used to curdle on me, but it has for the past four months or so. Looks like a mini nuclear explosion in my morning coffee. Hate that.

Re: why does soy milk curdle?

Hello guys

I am new to this forum, but have drinking coffee with soya milk for years. Here is my method for making coffee with soya milk so that it doesn't curdle.

I make my coffee then I let it cool down (5 minutes minimum), or I put a little cold water into it. I then pour a little soya milk into a mug and heat it in the microwave for 35 seconds.

Then I empty the coffee into a third mug, just to let it cool some more then I add the soya milk to that.

It means you use three mugs, but it is a successful method,yay!

I have also found that oat milk tastes far superior and never curdles, but unfortunately it is about twice the price of soya milk.

I drink my coffee black, but I do know that it is a low pH that usually causes curdling. I'm most familiar with syrups doing this. Manufacturers need a certain level of pH in order to kill off any nasty bugs in the product. My first thought was to heat up the soy a bit. You could also try almond milk, my personal favorite for cereal and never curdles when my wife uses it to make an espresso based beverage.

I had the same problem and tried several corrective methods. I got refrigerated Silk soy milk and it seemed more stable. Then I tried different brands of packaged shelf soy milk again, and began to experiment with the milk. I have determined for my use that by heating the milk in the cup for maybe 20 seconds (but not to boiling/sputtering) and then pouring on the hot coffee from the freshly brewed pot there was no separation and curdling. Since I don't drink coffee sweetened I have not tried using a sweet or flavored soy milk. A friend has suggested a chocolate soy milk to add to coffee to achieve a type of mocha taste. I'm continuing my experiments and coffee embellishments.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links