crying coffee cup?

coffeejunkie

Jun 28, 2006
southern California
Visit site
Ok, this is kind of crazy, has it happened to anyone else?

I'm drinking my coffee now, it came in a foam type cup. There are little drops of coffee forming on the outside of the cup, the coffee was able to seep through the porous cup material. It looks like the cup is either bleeding coffee, or crying coffee.

it's crazy

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
crying cup

Is there an image of either Jesus or the Virgin Mary on either side of the cup? When you drank out of the cup was there a coffee stigmata on you
palm?

Styro cups are very sensitive to exposure to sunlight/heat. If your cup does this it was probably sitting out in the sun for a while before the coffee was put in it.

jrnysend

Oct 24, 2005
Visit site
Cuposis

Styrofoam is for packing, not coffee. If the coffee doesn't deserve a desent cup, it doesn't deserve to be drunken. The cup may be old, cheap or you just dribbled. Better your mouth than something else. I suggest staying away from drinking out of packing for one - it makes you look like you shouldn't be in the forum, two - it makes you look like you shouldn't be drinking coffee, and three - makes you look like a cop. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just that they don't know good coffee from compost. Oh, and there's a forth - styrofoam is toxic. If it contains a hot liquid, it's melting it into your body. You may become a manequin. I may have spelled that wrong, but you get the pic. Get yourself an insulated mug. It'll keep you from dribbling.

Live Well --

coffeejunkie

Jun 28, 2006
southern California
Visit site
"it makes you look like you shouldn't be in the forum"

so let me get this straight, because I can't afford to get good coffee I don't deserve to post here? That's more than a little elitist. For your information, I'm a graduate student with no money, I get coffee from a crappy stand on the way to work because 1) it's all there is near my building, and 2) I can't afford anything better. If that somehow disqualifies me from posting on this forum, then I will stop.

"it makes you look like you shouldn't be drinking coffee"

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If I don't have access to good coffee, I shouldn't drink it at all? Why stop there? I can’t buy a BMW or Mercedes, why don’t I just stay off the road? And while I’m at it, I can chuck this computer out the window because it’s not top-of-the line. And obviously if I drink bad coffee, my life can’t possibly be as good as yours, so why even bother with anything?

People like you make me sick.

jrnysend

Oct 24, 2005
Visit site
Easy boys !!

Settle down guys. I don't care what you drink, it's just not healthy to drink from styrofoam. Get yourself a mug. They'll fill it for you. As far as elitist? HAHAHAHAHA You have no idea how much I have to grub up to buy my beans. I spit at elitists. We're not unalike. I just know how to laugh more. Come on now. If you don't see the humor in my last comments, then maybe decaf would be better for you. No harm intended and I'll be more sensitive to others here form now on. I'm sure the moderators can see that I only meant to assist. Peace brothers (and sisters)

Live Well --

jrnysend

Oct 24, 2005
Visit site
Coffee Deal

Micky D's is offering coffee for .69 cents. It's hot, it's not bad and it's affordable. MD's is everywhere. May wanna give it a try.

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
moderation

I agree with you about the styro jrny but the post in question did have a rather nasty feel as you can probably tell from the response you got out of coffeejunkie. I am a moderator and have read your other posts so I know you are just teasing. Had I been unfamiliar with your sytle however I would have assumed you were about 15 years old and falling into the "scene" rather hard.

jrnysend

Oct 24, 2005
Visit site
15?

Fifteen years old. Wow! I wish I could go back that far. I would have so much more time to drink so much more coffee.

Live well --

DML

Sep 9, 2006
Visit site
69 cents!!! The McDonald's here sells a small cup for $1.29 and they won't fill your cup. Actually, I think they are selling cups, not coffee.

When I lived in the PRK, I used to stop at 7-11 for cup in the morning. (yuck!) They told me that they were charged for the cups, not the coffee. The manager would go ballistic when someone changed their mind and threw and unused cup in the trash. He would have one of the clerks fish it out. The only good thing was that you could fill your own contained for 89 cents. (Up to 24 oz.)

Caffe Latte

May 10, 2004
New York City
Visit site
DML said:
69 cents!!! The McDonald's here sells a small cup for $1.29 and they won't fill your cup. Actually, I think they are selling cups, not coffee.

When I lived in the PRK, I used to stop at 7-11 for cup in the morning. (yuck!) They told me that they were charged for the cups, not the coffee. The manager would go ballistic when someone changed their mind and threw and unused cup in the trash. He would have one of the clerks fish it out. The only good thing was that you could fill your own contained for 89 cents. (Up to 24 oz.)

ya know, there was always this nagging sensation in the back of my head telling me to not get my coffee from certain places. Now I know why. Yech!!!

I am quite shocked that places are still serving hot coffee in styrofoam. yeah I have seen it for packing dinners like at the chinese rest., but the plastic lined cups are much much better. in fact all the places, be they starbucks to the fallafel cart on the corner use paper cups.

as for why your coffee is crying. that's because it was in a styro cup and was crying for the environment. you evil evil person. :p
probably had to do with you spilling some over the edge or there is a small leak, most likely

thow2

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, this is kind of crazy, has it happened to anyone else?

I'm drinking my coffee now, it came in a foam type cup. There are little drops of coffee forming on the outside of the cup, the coffee was able to seep through the porous cup material. It looks like the cup is either bleeding coffee, or crying coffee.

it's crazy
Yes this happens to me and a coworker quite often. Usually from getting coffee from the work cafeteria. My coworker has also observed it from cups from Dunkin Donuts. Oddly though it does not happen when I make hot tea using the same cafeteria cups. And it is not dribble or spillage.