coffee and a very un-hollywood screenplay

WolfLarsen

Jul 1, 2006
Visit site
un-hollywood screenplay

Here's a screenplay I wrote in Lima, Peru. If you find yourself in Lima check out the outdoor Cafe Haiti in Miraflores. Watch the crowds pour by while you sip the BEST coffee. Latin Americans LIVE on coffee! Anyway, this screenplay excerpt might be a little disturbing - like the world we live in.

An excerpt from the Screenplay GOD AND THE DEVIL DANCING THROUGH WORLD WAR III TOGETHER By Wolf Larsen

In one of the burning cities a little child in diapers sits SCREAMING hysterically outside among the ruins. A parade of people with missing limbs and / or no heads / and / or giant bullet holes through their bodies marches past the baby. Many of the people are bleeding profusely as they chant:

“Miles and miles of barbed wire everywhere! Watchtowers stalking over our heads and searchlights invading our minds and tanks rolling like hordes of locusts through our cities! Every day is the apocalypse of now! The bombs fall and fall like a plague.”

– Then the marchers begin to sing:

“Sing a new sky! Swing a word around a curve and watch it explode into a painting! Splash the painting up and up past the sky and watch it become a phrase of poetry crashing through your house! Take that poem turn it into a car and drive around in a restless journey for years and years and watch that journey erupt and thunder back into a poem again! Grab a woman – fuck her until every poem is an earthquake and every earthquake is a man and a woman making love! Touch love! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------censored-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!”

– As the people chant and sing the child in diapers continues SCREAMING HYSTERICALLY. A smiling happy couple run past the screaming child and through the parade/demonstration. Then a bomb falls on the baby. The baby screams no more…

Suddenly everyone jumps out of the sky and builds upon the ruins of the bombed cities. When the people are done building up the cities the planes come and bomb all the cities again. Then the people start building the cities back up again as they sing war songs.

Paintings begin swirling all around together in a splash of happy and sad and angry everything and all the rain falling on the earth begins SCREAMING. Each raindrop has its own facial expression and is SCREAMING something different. One raindrop SCREAMS:
“Human struggle is a giant wave of volcanoes constantly erupting and erupting across the centuries.”

– And another raindrop SCREAMS:

“Welcome the coming Civil War with a kiss! Be ready! Bury guns under your houses! Hide them in the floorboards and walls of your apartments! Prepare!”

A member of the theater audience SCREAMS:

“And the soldiers lined up in front of the angry people! The officers screamed and screamed at the soldiers to ‘fire’! But the longer the soldiers gazed at the angry people facing them the more they felt they were looking into the mirror. In their fantasies and dreams near naked ladies approached them from the crowd with flowers in their hands and smiles on their faces. The soldiers turned around and shot their officers full of hundreds of bullet holes. Their corpses bleed all over the street like a happy child running under the sun. The soldiers turned around and marched over the bodies of the dead officers. The crowd cheered and surged behind the soldiers.”

– Another member of the audience sings:

“Making love to you is like smearing every bright happy color in the universe all over our naked bodies. When my penis is inside of you it feels like every flower and every plant and every tree are all singing and singing and their song surrounds us like a big happy smile. When you tell me to cum inside of you and give you a baby I just want to reach out and grab the whole planet in my hand and just give it to you. And when you tell me to hug you and hug you I feel the blue sky dripping lusciousness all over us I feel everything everywhere saying the word ‘happy’ over and over again.”

Copyright 2005 by Wolf Larsen

If you would like to read more you may go to:
Screenplay

un-hollywood screenplay