Shot in the dark

MrBox

Feb 21, 2006
Statesboro, GA
Visit site
my cup of choice when I venture to a coffee shop in the morning is usually a shot in the dark. I haven't been to a coffee shop in many months. I've been french pressing at home a lot. So I wen't to the new coffee house in town and ordered a shot in the dark. This was my 1st time there. They have been open for about 3 months. It was dissappointing. An odd thing was. There were grounds (a few) in the bottom of my cup. I've never seen that before. Other than that the coffee was biter, and had a sour taste. I had to add sugar to it. (prefer it black). I'll give them another chance. They have a great athomostphere. But I prefer a less fancy place. Its pretty boughe.

There are actually 3 more coffee shops tending to open. My search for a decent espresso continues.

Even though its odd to say it. Dunkin Donuts has surprised me with their coffee drinks.

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
shot in ther dark

shot inthe dark=
red eye
depth charge

They are all the same..essentially a coffe boilermaker

we should really come up with a official name for this drink...before Starbucks does.

As to your search...give them another shot(lol). Sounds like what you got was a crappy barista more than a bad shop.