Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    For those that prefer it black, does this also mean that you don't like lattes/capuccinos/etc.?

I drink 100% kona and in it, do ya really want to know....?
    I use sugar, half and half and a little bit of nestle creamer.
    DH said, "it's not even coffee" after I'm done with it. But that's the way I like it - real creamy.

Cream & Sugar?

I used to put both, then tried straight black for a couple of years, but prefer a little cream.

Love Kahlua or just about any coffee/milk/liquor combination, but that's another story..... for another forum.

who cares how you drink your coffee? as long you like it....do with it what you like! JUST DRINK COFFEE!
    some people have pearly whites.....others drink coffee!

always a splash of milk (if I'm treating myself, whole, otherwise skim). If its bad coffee then sugar too.

one of my very good friends came to stay with me and I had to hold back a gag as she poured nearly a half cup of splenda into a 8 oz mug of very good coffee. but hey, that's how she likes it.

Wow, that''s a little too much for me. When I first started drinking coffee, about 10 years ago, I would put a little cream and a lot of sugar. For the last few years, though, I use a little more cream and a lot less sugar. I actually prefer the non-dairy powdered creamer to the liquid cream, and I think it may be healthier for you, though I''m not sure. I guess the healthiest way is to just drink it black.

for me it really depends on what the coffee taste like. If it's awsome stuff I may drink it black or with maybe half a packet of sugar.
    If its bitter and hard to drink without putting on the bitter beer face, I just add cream and sugard accordingly. Not too sweet.
    I like my espresso straight, if I get it and it's bad, I just don't drink it. why torture yourself right?
    Sometimes if I'm feeling a little foofoo I like a companna.

When I am lazy, I just open a pack of 3-in-1 instant coffee and I'm all set. There are times, though, that I prefer my coffee very creamy and sweet and bitter all at the same time! That's when I prepare my own coffee, adjusting according to my taste.

I'm a huge fan of brown sugar, over refined white sugar.
    PinoyFoodWriter.com

Quote Originally Posted by espressogirl
    ...I'm a huge fan of brown sugar, over refined white sugar.
    Brown sugar is in fact just refined white sugar, with molasses, thereby adding slightly more minerals and calories. Just because it's brown like whole grain rice or whole wheat, doesn't mean it's a whole food.

Unless you're using sucanat, which truly is an unrefined sugar... It's a darker orange, versus brown. But even sucanat has no significant nutritional advantage over white sugar.
    Advertising URL in your signature line was removed by your favorite Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by caffe biscotto
    [
    Brown sugar is in fact just refined white sugar, with molasses, thereby adding slightly more minerals and calories. Just because it's brown like whole grain rice or whole wheat, doesn't mean it's a whole food.

Unless you're using sucanat, which truly is an unrefined sugar... It's a darker orange, versus brown. But even sucanat has no significant nutritional advantage over white sugar.
    There are other "natural" brown sugars:

"Natural brown sugar is a name for raw sugar which is a brown sugar produced from the first crystallisation of the sugar cane. As such "natural brown sugar" is free of additional dyes and chemicals. There is more molasses in brown sugar, giving it a higher mineral content. Some natural brown sugars have particular names and characteristics, and are sold as Turbinado sugar, Muscovado, or Demerara sugar.

Turbinado sugar is made by crushing freshly cut sugar cane to obtain a juice, which is evaporated to a thick syrup, and then spun in a centrifuge (thus "turbina-"), which produces characteristic large, light brown, crystals.[5][6] Muscovado (also moscovado) is an unrefined, dark brown sugar that is produced without centrifugation and has much smaller crystals than turbinado sugar. The sugar cane extract is heated to thicken it and then pan-evaporated in the sun and pounded to yield an unprocessed, damp sugar that retains all of the natural minerals.[7] Demerara (also spelled "demerera") sugar's name comes from the Demerera River area of Guyana, where sugar cane was grown. Demerara is another unrefined, centrifuged, large-crystalled, light brown, cane sugar; it is slightly sticky and sometimes molded into sugar cubes. Some Demerara is still produced in South America, but most is now produced in Mauritius, an island off Africa."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links