Sick of Starbucks?

3ternal

Mar 22, 2007
Seattle, WA
Visit site
I am. I live in the Seattle area and work at a Starbucks, and after visiting many of the privately owned coffee houses in the area, I can''t watch Starbucks drown out business for others anymore. In the more suburban areas, It''s friggen hard to open up a coffee house because of them... Me and a good friend of mine are looking into location, and have vowed to become everything they are not lol.

Supermanofcoffee

Mar 23, 2007
Sweden
Visit site
Well..

You guys are lucky, in my town there's only one coffee house, and some smaller ones who sell coffee besides food. :?

But when traveling in other cities, Starbucks really stands out, and I can imagine that it's easy to get tired of them.

3ternal

Mar 22, 2007
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Well Seattle seems like the coffee capital of the US, and it just sucks that starbucks is trying to take over the area. Although I have around 3 starbucks locations each square mile, I drive 20-30 minutes to get a good cup of coffee at a true coffee house. Almost feels like your back home.

latinboy1976

Mar 24, 2007
Seattle
Visit site
I live on the Hill so plenty of yummy Fuel and Vivace for me :twisted: About the only thing *$ has done was bring specialty coffee into the mainstream but it us up to the indies to really make it shine. LONG LIVE THE INDIES!

SactoMike

May 24, 2006
Elk Grove, CA
Visit site
Starbucks is not going away....

But the other night I visited a local place called Metro Espresso. I bought a 1/2 lb of house blend, a cookie, and a lg coffee for $6.65. Try doing that at Starbucks + getting that price and personal service. I'm looking forward to visiting the original Java City next week at 18th and Capital. They just remodeled and it even made the news here in town. Sacramento has options, but Starbucks is here to stay for the foreseeable future.