Hello. I''m new here.

slightlines

May 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, Jim.

Thanks, Jim.
Well, right now, I'm drinking a cold, black, four-hour-old cup of Folger's classic roast. :oops:
That's why I'm here. :D

slightlines

May 27, 2008
Visit site
Yuk

Well, I had to gets me a cold "hot-shot" of th' caf-eeeen!
...but, I need to really get into some good coffees.
Most of the time, it seems, I drink for strictly utilitarian purposes.
I need some taste.
I hear that coffee that was picked more than a couple of days ago is old and stale.
I understand that "fresh" coffee is really naturally sweet.
I need to explore this subject.

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
home roasting

Home roasting is the only way to get fresh coffee. It tastes so different and has many different tastes depending on where it came from. The peaberry's have more caffen too.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
I thought Folgers was tha bomb too, until I joined this coffee forum and you guys got me hooked on your "gourmet" coffees.

Now I have to figure out how to support this expensive coffee addiction. I can't buy Folgers anymore, why why why? :-D

espressogirl

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jerry! I'm also new here but I guess it wouldn't hurt if I welcome you just the same.

After all, we are all coffee lovers here!

And I'm sure a lot of coffee lovers here are connoiseurs too!

slightlines said:
Hello.
I''m Jerry from Texas.
I really like my coffee.
It''s nice to be here.

lachris

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Visit site
Welcome slightline

Ever been to a true espresso bar and had an Americano or a Macchiatto? Once I tasted a real well made Americano, I never went back to the store bought stuff.

Give it a try sometime...! You'll be glad you did or you'll wish you never had. You'll be one of us that had decided he has to roast, seaching for the original WB, then two, then a Hot top. Then you'll be tell others about it...then you'll have to buy an espresso machine, then a better one...then a roaster...then you'll tell more about it, then they will want coffee from you...then you'll come up with this plan to sell it, ebay maybe, farmers markets, then you'll find yourself in dark parking lots (or you friends kitchen) handing over small bags of fresh roast in exchange for a small handful of money, then more...then you'll be looking for another place to call home.... :grin: but you'll love anyway...just like the rest of us... :lol:

just foolin around - really I hope you can find a good espresso bar and start ordering some good coffee... :D

JohnB

May 30, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
Re: home roasting

jlyon10 said:
Home roasting is the only way to get fresh coffee..

I find it hard to believe even you believe that line! I buy coffee beans from two New England roasters that UPS delivers to my house within 24 hrs of roasting. Since that is several days before I would even consider opening the bag & drinking it I'd say thats fresh enough.