Getting started with coffee?

Meteorologist

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi! I''m rather new to this whole coffee business and was looking to get started. I''ve always found the whole atmosphere around coffee, the smell, and people, completely intoxicating. Unfortunately, my only actual experience with it is instant french vanilla and the stuff my mom makes every day, which wasn''t all that good. I''m looking to get into quality coffee and gain an real appreciation for it now though. I feel lost, though, there''s so many different brands, options, on and on. Where do I get started? What''s a good brand to try out first?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Meteorologist,

Welcome to the coffee forum!

When you wrote, "I've always found the whole atmosphere around coffee, the smell, and people, completely intoxicating," I got the impression that you may have already visited a few of your local coffee shops. That's where I'd suggest that you begin your exploratiion of the world of coffee. That way you can gradually taste and experience a variety of coffee roasts and blends and not just be limited to "instant french vanilla and the stuff your mom makes every day."

As you explore this forum, you will see that it has a lot of information about coffee, brewing techniques, equipment, etc. If you go up to the top of the screen, you will see a search option. When you click on it, you will go to a search screen where you can search for the topic of your choice.

Again, welcome the the coffee forum. I hope you have lots of fun as you explore the world of coffee!

Rose