Coffee Ritual - Share Yours

tp76

Mar 24, 2011
Grind House
Visit site
Everybody has one and we would love to hear it...do you grind fresh beans, walk to a small cafe' and converse with a stranger, or enjoy time at home ?

Mine is pretty simple, it starts at about 5 am with a fresh cup of coffee, I check into the many different online communities I belong to, some family time and then it's off to work :)

tinninches

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I get up and slide the top of my BUNN MHC over to the side. Fill it up with about 8oz of tap water. Pull the holder (so it starts to heat the water) put in my pod of the morning, and hit the brew button (with pulse option on). I then pull up to my dining room table, turn on my laptop, and start to surf while watching ESPN.

I'm a creature of habbit, so this literally goes down the same way everyday. It just puts the day in motion the right way for me =)

TheGourmetCoffeeGuy

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Favorite coffee ritual, weather and time permitting: first morning cup, freshly ground roasted coffee, sipping it and enjoying it while listening to the birds and wildlife in our backyard.

alphawave7

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Mines quite laborious when broken down into steps, but it's smooth when you get used to it.
Wake up, turn on brew boiler to preheat. Approx. 30 minutes later, turn on steam boiler to preheat. Top up grinder with fresh charge. Once machine is stable and hot, flush shower screen and portafilter to preheat, and wipe dry. Dose 1/2 grind into PF, shake to level, dose final 1/2, Stockfleths Move, usually a 1 pound tamp (grinder is adjusted accordingly), or a full 30 lb tamp if coarse grind. Load, lock and pull into pre-warmed latte cup. While shot is underway, fill steam pitcher 2/3rds full with cold milk, and begin steaming, while watching shot progress. Kill shot when it blonds. Complete steaming, knock and swirl pitcher to homogenize microfoam. Pour latte and rosette, serve. Puck-knock, rinse PF,dry and repeat process as needed. :) Mocha process is slightly different: I use a 'creamer' pitcher for two servings, add 2 scoops raw organic sugar, and two heaping teaspoons Rodelles Baking Cocoa (these are a whopping 5 dollars for 1.5 pounds at my Napa Costco!).Steam milk while pulling first of two shots directly into creamer pitcher. Stir until sugar and cocoa is dissolved and well-blended, and dispense into large cocoa mugs. Pour like latte and rosette, enjoy!

Kevin O'Gara

Mar 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
My Saeco is acting up so I recently I pulled out my 30 year old Pavoni, cleaned it up, and am now bringing home ground coffee from work (shameless plug here for J. Martinez & Co.). i have been trying all the coffees we sell, but just came back to the espresso. I can see the importance of a good blend now.

The ritual is fill the Pavoni, turn on the machine, dose two filter baskets (one for my wife) and wait about five minutes for the machine to heat up. i steam the milk first, then pull two coffees and voila, two cappuccinos. The second cappuccino involves washing everything, and that's where the Pavoni is a lot less convenient than my quirky superautomatic.

mrominger

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My husband leaves for work about 2 hours earlier than I do so each morning I have the house all to myself. I take a shower, get dressed and then start my routine. First I grind fresh beans and make myself a sweet bagel (I have to have a sweet bagel with my coffee). It's usually either chocolate chip, blueberry or banana nut. Once my meal is prepared I park myself in front of the TV and watch a TV show that my husband would "disapprove" of i.e. anything on Bravo. It's my favorite part of the day and always leaves me refreshed. Plus, because of this we never argue over what to watch in the evening because I've already gotten my TV fix in the morning :)

Chauchri

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I stop by the nearest Tim Hortons for my favorite cup. I have a 1/2 hr drive to work, but won't crack it open until I'm sitting at my desk. It makes starting the work day much more satisfying!

estephens

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My mom bought a HUGE tub of biscotti awhile ago for a family reunion...and no one broke into it. So now when I get up in the morning, I make myself a cup of coffee, cream no sugar. Then I grab a biscotti, and dip it in my coffee for breakfast.

Probably not the healthiest thing in the world, but it's DELICIOUS.:D