Coffee Groceries

pkt

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This may be a stupid Question but is it possible to get good coffee
At your local grocer? I do intend to order some online but I just received
My new Bialetti Brikka stovetop deal and I must say it is better than what I had been
Using.
This forum has opened my eyes to the toys ….Grinders / machines….but I'm going to start with baby steps. :)

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 14, 2010
Coffee Country, USA
Visit site
I've found coffee at my local HEB that I do like quite a bit. I would say there is usually a huge selection, why not just try a few smaller sizes until you find something you really like. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Randy G.

May 8, 2008
California
Visit site
It depends on the store, I suppose, but generally, no. If the coffee is in large, clear-fronted open bins then definitely no. That wonderful aroma in that area of the store is the smell of coffee losing its flavor. Check the yellow pages and see if any local shops roast their own coffee, and look for commercial roasteries. Some are friendly and will sell to you.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Most of the supermarket chain stores have old, stale coffee sitting in their bins. It would be best to find a local place that sells freshly roasted beans and have them ground for you (but not too fine). If you have your own grinder, it will be easier for you to experiment with what grind works best for your type of brewer. It may take some practice (and some good coffee) before you can master making coffee with your new Bialetti Brikka.

Also, there are a couple of threads on this Coffee Forum that offer suggestions for places to buy coffee on-line. You may want to take a look at them when you get a chance.

Good luck....and have fun with your new toy!

Rose

Last edited: