Favorite food to eat while drinking coffee?

For me, I really enjoy a good bagel or muffin while having my morning Joe :coffeemug:

But donuts are fun too, if mom brings home a dozen Dunkin Donuts, guess what my breakfast will be the next morning? :D

A muffin, some coffee and the newspaper...that's my Saturday morning :images:

How about you?

Cheers! :coffee:

alsterling

Aug 11, 2006
Dana Point, CA
Visit site
When I think of "best thing to accompany my drip coffee"..... it's usually after a restaurant dinner, and it HAS to be....... "Traditional NY Lemon Cheesecake." For the last few years, and only because I do trade shows in Vegas, I've taken clients to Joe's Prime Steak and Stone Crab in the Caesars Forum. They have one of the best "Key Lime Pies" on earth, and that's how I end every meal I have there. Their drip blend coffee is rich and smooth. That keylime pie, and that cup of coffee, are just about the best combo I've ever had, second only to a truly great NY Cheesecake (Notice how I capitalize food items that I love!)

Last edited:

CJevens

Apr 18, 2011
Arlington, Va
Visit site
I enjoy coffee with almost everything. This is largely dictated by the time of day. If I was just going to relax with a cup, I'd say something chocolate, darker the better. A good cookie, brownie, cake, etc. Muffins and bagels mentioned above are great.

My favourite breakfast? Cup of coffee with locks/cream cheese/onion/tomato/ over a toasted everything.

Often coffee is a treat by itself.

blakeV

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm particularly fond of a sip of dark coffee followed by some m&m's. The coffee really brings out the chocolate and the sugar coating. If you haven't tried this, it's a must!

alsterling

Aug 11, 2006
Dana Point, CA
Visit site
..........My favourite breakfast? Cup of coffee with locks/cream cheese/onion/tomato/ over a toasted everything. Often coffee is a treat by itself.

CJ....... I feel like I've abandoned my roots! How could I forget the absolute best ever thing that goes with a rich cup of Joe?! And as a note, the "Key" thing to remember about "Locks?" It's in spelling it "LOX." (it's easier to find it labeled that way at the deli or market! ....... unless you get your's from Home Depot?) :razz:

lox bagel and cream cheese w-onion.jpg

CJevens

Apr 18, 2011
Arlington, Va
Visit site
CJ....... I feel like I've abandoned my roots! How could I forget the absolute best ever thing that goes with a rich cup of Joe?!
Indeed. yummy stuff. Best way to start the day.

And as a note, the "Key" thing to remember about "Locks?" It's in spelling it "LOX." (it's easier to find it labeled that way at the deli or market! ....... unless you get your's from Home Depot?) :razz:

View attachment 48

Thanks. I had a total brain fart and couldn't remember the spelling, knowing that I was making a grave error. :decaf:

Thanks for setting me straight. :lol:

alsterling

Aug 11, 2006
Dana Point, CA
Visit site
CJ...... I'm a product of the Los Angeles School District, circa just after that "theater incident with the Lincolns..." :) And back then, communication skills were a huge thing. We even had classes dedicated to creative writing that we were picked for in place of general English. And of course, this was well before personal communication devices that now allow shorthand typing and abbreviation of thought; "LOL", "IMHO", etc.

So... now that I've dated myself, (there's dirt...... and then there's me), I have to admit that when I type a post or reply, I end up "proof reading" the darn thing. It's a neurotic behaviour borne of my paranoia and belief that my 8th grade creative writing teacher will transcend time, and walk into my office, look over my shoulder at my computer screen, and start verbally correcting every spelling and grammatical error she finds. And the scarey thing is...... I can't afford getting less than a "C" in my "Coffee Forums Communications Class"...... or I won't be able to graduate in June!!! Oh..... wait a minute..... I think I'm daydreaming, because I'm also tripping out that I've forgotten my Junior High School locker combination too!!!

tinadimascio

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Every day I come to work a little early just so that I can go to our kitchen and prepare my coffee and parfait. I have a vanilla yogurt, granola, strawberry, blueberry and raspberry parfait with my coffee every morning and I don't think I'll ever get sick of it.

arockstar

May 12, 2011
Visit site
If The We Want To Eat Some Food With The Coffee Then We Can Take Some Light Food Becausew Then After If The We Want To Do The Work Hard In Any Field Thet We Can Be The Do When We Want And Thats Good For Our Health Also

MOD EDIT: PLEASE stop typing with capital letters on every word. It is very difficult to read. I had previously asked once nicely.... Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator: