Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    i have been sipping my coffee for years in a stainless steel mug and trust me it tastes great. All you need to do is wash it properly and keep it at a place where the weather is warm and not cold. This it next time and you will feel the difference.

Thanks for that, yeah I get that, but I mean the inner layers inside is usually not stainless steel, even with a thermus like that, usually the material where the coffee actually sits is different, I have yet to encounter one where it is stainless steel inside? Also he said "coffee cup" this here is a thermis...

We have a stainless steel teapot that has made grerat tea for years, but recently we noticed the tea had a metallic taste to it.

Quote Originally Posted by USRobinson View Post
    Thanks for that, yeah I get that, but I mean the inner layers inside is usually not stainless steel, even with a thermus like that, usually the material where the coffee actually sits is different, I have yet to encounter one where it is stainless steel inside? Also he said "coffee cup" this here is a thermis...
    Sorry for the confusion. I guess i was using coffee mug pretty loosely. I was more talking about travel mugs or thermoses. Now that i think about it, a pure SS cup would be pretty silly since the whole thing would heat up really quickly, causing your hand discomfort and cooling the coffee quickly. that's probably why they have the liner.

That should be one good way to tell if your container is vacuum sealed or not. A vacuum sealed container should not have a liner on the inside.

Yes, I noticed this the other day. At first I thought my husband was crazy when he mentioned it, but yesterday I noticed it myself. I threw out our stainless steel cups because I don't want to take any chances. It for sure ruined my taste.

There are expensive versions of such mugs that are covered from inside with a thin layer of ceramics. I'm not sure about the taste, but a metallic smell (and even worse, the smell of plastic) is found quite often in cheap travel mugs like these https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/travel-mugs , also beware of those mugs which are often presented in companies.
    Last edited by Alakey; 01-19-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links