favorite way to drink your coffee?

blakeV

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
This is a spin off of an earlier thread that i'm curious to get a little more attention. Talking about stainless steal containers led to a question on the ideal drinking container or how people drink their coffee.

Alsterling mentioned that for taste, glass or approved porcelain is the way to go, but that's not always an option if someone were traveling with their coffee and wanted to keep it at temperature.

I have resorted to a thermos type container which I then pour small amounts of coffee in the cap and sip it from there. This let's me drink the super hot coffee in my container without burning my mouth, and only cooling a little at a time.

Anyone have a particularly interesting method to drink your coffee?

TheGourmetCoffeeGuy

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
My favorite way to drink coffee is black and in a large ceramic mug that I warm before pouring the coffee in it. I enjoy drinking the coffee hot. I keep it warm with a cup warmer, practical small gift use daily. That's it.

Randy G.

May 8, 2008
California
Visit site
Keep an eye open for "Joulies." I have an explanation in Chapter 119 on my website on how they work, but the short version is they cool hot liquids in a couple of minutes to drinking temperature then keep them there for a long time... They work best in a thermos or other insulated or vacuum drinking vessel.

blakeV

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a thermos that keeps coffee piping hot for hours, but you can also tip upside down without worrying about the coffee leaking out. Any ideas where I might find this?

Does this thermos need to have any drinkable features to it, or do you plan on pouring into another cup to drink?

Java

May 4, 2011
New Orleans, La
Visit site
My favorite cup and drink for the hot summer days.

During the summer months I like to drink iced coffee in a large 24 oz insulated cup. I keep this cup in the freezer so it is available when I'm ready. I make my coffee extra strong . I fill my cup with ice and about 1/4 the way with cold milk. I then add cream and sugar to my coffee and pour over the ice and stir. I now have one of my favorite summer drinks to cool off with.

arockstar

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I Like A Blake Brue Coffee With The Big Shining Glass Mug With The Some Break Fast And I Thin It Like Most Of The People In The World Who Like Drink A Coffee Its So Enjoyefukk For Everyone..

MOD EDIT: arockstar; Please check your private messages.

Last edited by a moderator:

PN from TN

May 20, 2011
Tennessee
Visit site
My favorite way to have my coffee is in my 24 oz. Tervis glass. That puppy keeps me going most of the morning. I fill it up with Cafe People Dounut Shop and I am set. At lunch I go for a small cup of Breakfast Blend. I never could get use to a Thermos.
I am so glad I found this site. Alot going on.:coffeemug: