What kind of coffee?

cmgpc

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know a lot about coffe, but I recently enjoyed a great cup of Coffee at the Pinnacle Grill on a Holland American cruise. The coffee was rich and seemed a little thicker than usual and there was some residue on the side of the cup as I drank......a little foamy on the sides........not like a regular cup of coffee. Anyone have any ideas and any suggestions on where I can learn to brew this?

JJohnson0731

Aug 10, 2011
New Jersey
Visit site
Yeah that is possible perhaps. I drink an Arabic coffee myself although I don't always notice the residue. I drink BSkinny Thermogenic Fat Burning Coffee which also is pretty rich so maybe it does have to do with location. I am not sure if it has to do with organic vs. non-organic or the type of roasting used either.

Yarbooa

Aug 21, 2011
Israel
Visit site
I'd guess Arabian + some other, maybe 80%-20% but I have an idea for you.
How about just email them about the wonderful cruise and ask for the coffee brand? I'm quite sure they'll be happy to reply.
If they do, share with us? :coffee:

Cheers.
Yar.

Lipsmackcutie

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone! Excited here! Just wanted to share with you a great coffee product that burns fat by drinking it and tastes sooo good! :coffee: Feel free to contact me for more info, have a blessed day!

kifucoffeeroaster

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi CMGPC, the residue on the side of the cup probably doesn't have as much to do with where it was from as it has to do with how it was made. Sounds almost like a Turkish prep or french press (were there fine grounds on the bottom of the cup?), but that would seem like a tedious way for a restaurant to serve coffee to a mass of people. As for origins, I would assume that it was a Brazilian coffee or perhaps a Robusta (from anywhere). The residue you are talking about could just be crema, which is typically higher in Robustas and typically also in Brazilian Robustas and Arabicas. I agree with Yarbooa: you should just call and ask!

KCR

CJA

Sep 20, 2011
Washington D.C.
Visit site
The strongest/heartiest cup of coffee I ever had, and perhaps on par with Arabic coffees, was a Puerto Rican brew that one of my friends (family was from Puerto Rico) gave me once. The difference I experienced between it and the usual Folgers brew, in terms of taste and waking me up, was substantial.

chrismartyn

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Mexican coffee, it should be. More information you can get by making a search.

NOTE: Your URL's for off-topic websites were "moderated" and removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

SEOGlopex

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know a lot about coffe, but I recently enjoyed a great cup of Coffee at the Pinnacle Grill on a Holland American cruise. The coffee was rich and seemed a little thicker than usual and there was some residue on the side of the cup as I drank......a little foamy on the sides........not like a regular cup of coffee. Anyone have any ideas and any suggestions on where I can learn to brew this?
Thanks for sharing that mate... greatly appreciated :)......... However, on other note:
I'd guess Arabian + some other, maybe 80%-20% but I have an idea for you. How about just email them about the wonderful cruise and ask for the coffee brand? I'm quite sure they'll be happy to reply. If they do, share with us? Cheers. Yar.