Increasing coffee quality.

kbinferno

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys this is my first post and I came here cause google just wasn't cutting it. I've been drinking coffee since I was 16 (19 now). After hunting around the net some it seems as if the majority of coffee I've been introduced to is garbage. I'm living in my college dorm at the moment and I lack the resources to do some of the more thorough methods to increasing the quality of one's cup of coffee. Lets say I start with the basics: a coffee maker and store-bought grounds. What would my first step from here be to increase quality? Personally I've had pressed coffee and it doesn't compare to a coffee machine's terribleness but I want to find the balance between simplicity and quality.

DirtyDave

Get yourself a good hand grinder.
Buy fresh roasted beans from your local roasting facility.
Get a ceramic or glass cone and good paper filters.
Grind only as much coffee as you need for one brewing cycle
Experiment with the mount of coffee you use (2-3 tablespoons) for 6-8 ozs of water (one mug"s worth).
Experiment with different roasts.
You'll be ahead of the curve.....
Enjoy

Yarbooa

Aug 21, 2011
Israel
Visit site
I would stick to French press for simplicity. It's easy to clean and the results can be wonderful. Get a large BODUM and the key - like Dirty Dave said, grind on spot. when buying ground coffee which is more than 2 days old, you're losing your coffee. Hand grinder, Press - 8 minutes, and you're done. Good coffee. (first post is the hardest)
Cheers,
The Yar.

Rolfafs

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You can increase the quality of coffee by using the good brand of coffee. According to my personal experience Nescafe is the best coffee.

Latest posts