Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by henrijames View Post
    The best tip I've ever received for french pressing is to give it only two-three stirs before letting it steep for always 4 and a half minutes, this drastically helps with the steep process and enhances the flavor while also giving it a professional thin coat of froth on top.
    Four and a half minutes you say, huh? I'll just HAVE to try this and see if my press is getting any better. thx for the tip!
    Coffee is like coffee, it's never what it seems to be.

The Yar.

My tip was going to be filtered water too. So I will say my best tip is to use filtered water. It can be bottled water, or a filter on the tap. I have made two pots using the same beans same machine, within an hour of each other and the only difference was one had bottled water from a 5 gallon water jug and the other used tap water. People commented on how they liked the beans I used in the first pot so much better.

My best tip, no matter how you are brewing them is getting fresh coffee. There is a completely different taste profile when something was roasted 3 days ago, 30 days ago or 3 months ago. You can have the fanciest maker in the world, the best filtered water and a master barista making your coffee, but put a coffee that has been sitting on the shelf for 6 months, and you still get junk. Coffee roasted less then 30 days ago is the best to use in my opinion.

I do agree with you filter water is one of the most important factor for the refreshing taste of the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeroastersclub View Post
    Use medium roasted coffee beans in your espresso machine; never dark roasted beans or oily beans.

Len
    I agree

wow.. really wonderful coffee making tips. i was wondering from where to get started

I have one (credit to my eco friendly friend).
    Used ground coffee that we usually through away, are great as plants and vegetable fertilizers, you can mix them into soil for new plants as well as scatter around your plants before watering or rainfall.

Cheers,
    The Yar.
    Coffee is like coffee, it's never what it seems to be.

The Yar.

Hi Yarbooa,
    Best coffee tip I can give is to buy whole bean coffee and grind only as much coffee as you will use on that day and store coffee in a cool, dark and air tight container.

Not to do with the preparation, but with the enjoyment of coffee. Don't become so enamoured of one brand of gourmet coffee that you do not explore others. There is a world of fabulous coffee's out there and the joy of enjoying gourmet coffee is in finding another favourite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links