Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is there such thing as too much coffee?

Last night I was working forever on a project and drunk about 5 cups of coffee, I started shaking and not feeling right lol! Is there a limit?

Is there such thing as too much coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by Biznerdjm View Post
    Last night I was working forever on a project and drunk about 5 cups of coffee, I started shaking and not feeling right lol! Is there a limit?
    Same limitations that apply to sex

-Phil
    (Using Tapatalk)

Offcourse coffee possess caffeine which can be harmful for health if not taken in moderation.So you should always have it in limited amount.
    Moderator removed four non-coffee related URL's from his signature

yes... I once had so much that I started feeling like I was a little bit drunk O.O

Quote Originally Posted by mopleez View Post
    Same limitations that apply to sex

-Phil
    (Using Tapatalk)
    that is the funniest reply I have heard

EVER

it is smart to drink enough water next to your coffee, coffee will de-hydrate your body.

I think "too much" depends on the quality and type of coffee being consumed. If drinking a commercially grown breakfast blend (i.e. medium roast), there is much to be concerned about. Commercially grown coffees are known to be higher in caffeine and acidity. Robusta coffees are harder on the stomach. And, of course, each person's tolerances are different. But recent studies in Sweden, where they often drink 6 cups a day, shows more benefits than harm. In fact, Life Extension Magazine did a story on coffee in their January 2012 issue that basically says the more coffee you drink, the better your health. The author sites 129 studies and sources. 129, no less. The article is on line. Discovering Coffee's Unique Health Benefits - Life Extension

Yes, coffee de-hydrates...so drink water, too. Our brains do not process well when dehydrated.

Think again to drinking too much coffee ...

Hot tea dirinking was emphasized as esophageal carcinoma risk factor formerly by Farhad Islami et al. (Tea drinking habits and oesophageal cancer in a high risk area in northern Iran: population based case-control study – BMJ 2009; 338 doi: 10.1136/bmj.b929)

Hot coffee drinking may have similar risks and it can lead to gastroesophageal reflux disease also.

However, in pregnants, two cups of coffee per day or less is recommended as limit consumption (source: http://www.saglikhaber.info/KahveIcilmesininProstatKanserindenSonraBasBoyunKan seriIcindeKoruyucuRoluOlabilecegiVurgulandi.html).

Drinking of coffee can also lead to blood pressure-raising and more than eight cups daily may aggravate cardiac arrhythmias (source: Kahve ?çilmesinin Prostat Kanserinden Sonra Ba? Boyun Kanseri ?çin de Koruyucu Rolü Olabilece?i Vurguland?).

Coffee drinking may also increase the risk of osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis.

Greetings ...

as with everything else, drink in moderation. Doctors only recommend 2 cups a day, as much as a good antioxidant it is, it does have an effect on the heart, as others here have mentioned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links