Is there such thing as too much coffee?

Biznerdjm

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Last night I was working forever on a project and drunk about 5 cups of coffee, I started shaking and not feeling right lol! Is there a limit? :decaf:

Vinfotech

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Offcourse coffee possess caffeine which can be harmful for health if not taken in moderation.So you should always have it in limited amount.

Rich

Feb 6, 2012
Oceanside, Ca
Visit site
I think "too much" depends on the quality and type of coffee being consumed. If drinking a commercially grown breakfast blend (i.e. medium roast), there is much to be concerned about. Commercially grown coffees are known to be higher in caffeine and acidity. Robusta coffees are harder on the stomach. And, of course, each person's tolerances are different. But recent studies in Sweden, where they often drink 6 cups a day, shows more benefits than harm. In fact, Life Extension Magazine did a story on coffee in their January 2012 issue that basically says the more coffee you drink, the better your health. The author sites 129 studies and sources. 129, no less. The article is on line. Discovering Coffee's Unique Health Benefits - Life Extension

SAGLIKHABERLERI

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Think again to drinking too much coffee ...

Hot tea dirinking was emphasized as esophageal carcinoma risk factor formerly by Farhad Islami et al. (Tea drinking habits and oesophageal cancer in a high risk area in northern Iran: population based case-control study – BMJ 2009; 338 doi: 10.1136/bmj.b929)

Hot coffee drinking may have similar risks and it can lead to gastroesophageal reflux disease also.

However, in pregnants, two cups of coffee per day or less is recommended as limit consumption (source: http://www.saglikhaber.info/KahveIcilmesininProstatKanserindenSonraBasBoyunKan seriIcindeKoruyucuRoluOlabilecegiVurgulandi.html).

Drinking of coffee can also lead to blood pressure-raising and more than eight cups daily may aggravate cardiac arrhythmias (source: Kahve ?çilmesinin Prostat Kanserinden Sonra Ba? Boyun Kanseri ?çin de Koruyucu Rolü Olabilece?i Vurguland?).

Coffee drinking may also increase the risk of osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis.

Greetings ...:???:

coffeepodder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
as with everything else, drink in moderation. Doctors only recommend 2 cups a day, as much as a good antioxidant it is, it does have an effect on the heart, as others here have mentioned.

CaffeineFx

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Visit site
Yes there is a limit as to how much. It depends on the person, the activity they are performing, and tolerance. A good rule of thumb is to always stay below 400mg of caffeine a day, and make sure to stop consumption after 2:00pm so that your body has time to break down the caffeine before bed. For more information on amounts of caffeine consumption checkout this article.
How Much Caffeine Should You Consume?

randyfelts

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been at it for around 55 years, I've never seen a stop sign yet. Then again I've never got the shakes either. Might try some hot calming tea at some point.

Randy Felts

mahnazx5

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
n the study, published in The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, researcher Jorge Rafael Leon-Carmona of Universidad Autnoma Metropolitana-Iztapalapa, in Mexico, evaluated the five different theoretical mechanisms of the chemical reaction between the antioxidants in caffeine and free radicals.

mahnazx5

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
hey found that a mechanism called the radical adduct formation (RAF) is the main mechanism involved in caffeine's ability to protect against damage from free radicals, which is consistent with previous studies in animals.