What do you drink your coffee out of?

MerryMug

Feb 21, 2012
Florida
Visit site
Hey everyone,
So as a coffee addict I have come to realize others like me all like their coffee in a very specific form. What I mean by this is, how much cream? how much sugar? flavor? etc. All the way down to the type of cup you drink it out of. Some people like mugs, some people like paper cups, plastic cups, glass cups, tumblers, and so on & so forth! As an online coffee mug retail shop owner, I have come to really enjoy drinking my coffee out of my products which are 11 ounce coffee mugs. I feel the size is perfect & there's nothing like coffee out of a ceramic coffee mug! But some people disagree!

So I was wondering, how do YOU ALL drink YOUR Coffee? What kind of cup, what flavor, how much sugar, etc?

- MerryMug.com

HalfCaffeinated

Feb 22, 2012
USA
Visit site
Well, I am of the mind that since I always am in motion and am always drinking coffee, my drink should be like me! Fast, quick, delicious, and BIG! (Haha) Hence, I use a 16 oz Mr. Coffee mug (purchased my my mother, God bless her) filled with my roast of the day, doctored liberally with both sugar and creamer. I have a collection, so what I put in it varies on a day-to-day basis. Here is my new mug, in all its glory!
100_0046.jpg

Cheers!

Brandon @ Half-Caf Reviews

youronlinecoffee

Feb 27, 2012
San Francisco
Visit site
I agree with you, ceramic works the best. Dark strong, and rich, that is my coffee. Ceramic does not add flavor as does plastic or paper. Stainless steel works well but the coffee is either too hot or cools rapidly. Ceramic hold the heat yet cools just perfectly for the first sip.

filanthrope

Feb 28, 2012
Colorado
Visit site
Ceramic. I drink either light roasted Africans, medium roasted Indians, med-dark SE Asians. With Indian coffee, I like to make espresso. Milk goes extremely well with them, mmm. For Indonesian coffee, I actually like to roast it with palm sugar, powder it, brew it strong, and enjoy it with a kretek.

redlandroaster

Dec 5, 2013
Redland, Oregon
Visit site
I use a 3.5 oz glass with handle that I use to pull shots, discontinued by Anchor Hocking. I wish I had more the 5 I have left. Next I use a Large white ceramic cup for after I have cleaned up my espresso set up. Lastly I use a 16oz stainless steel also discontinued. It's the only thing I ever bought from Starbucks. That stainless holds heat for 4/5 hours easy.

Lightgeoduck

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a few favorite mugs that I during out of... As far as how I drink my coffee, I add a touch of milk, just enough to change the color ever so slightly. I found out by accident ( since before, I was black coffee all of the way ) that a touch of milk enhances the flavor of the coffee itself.. Granted, I imagine if you normally use milk, it wouldn't be to your liking, but if you drink your coffee straight, you will be surprised ;)

LGD

redlandroaster

Dec 5, 2013
Redland, Oregon
Visit site
Hi "redlandroaster"

Is the 16oz stainless steel a mug with a lid or is it a thermos?

It's a Starbucks 16oz mug with a lid. I really like it because the top of the mug is 100% SS with molded in threads to accept the lid. It has a simple flip back tab to allow you to drink. No fancy top like the mugs at Costco that you can't properly clean, even if you boil the lid. My wife bought some Costco mugs and they stink like rotten milk after awhile.

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I drink a cup of coffee every time I feel tired and sleepy. This is enough to stimulate myself especially when I am working and felt drowsy. Anyway, I drink coffee without cream, less sugar, and black coffee using my porcelain cup.

win231

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I like a thick, ceramic mug that holds 12 oz. I add 1/4 tsp. raw sugar or German Rock sugar & a tbsp. half & half. I wish there was a way to keep it hot.

Buybulkstuff

The best cup of coffee was out of my old boot! Had the aroma toe jam and sweet taste of hard work. Ok I'm sorry I'm just a joker and a clown. My favorite is a cup with grumpy the dwarf on the front that was given to me by my 8 year old son! He sold lemonade outside to buy this for me and I will cherish it forever!