What do you like best about Coffee?

TrevorLovesCoffee

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm a new member, and I'm curious, what do you like best about Coffee? Is it the taste, the aroma, how it makes you feel, the sociability, or something entirely different. Inquiring minds want to know. Lets have fun with this post.
Trevor :-D

rebclick

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I think we all associate flavors and smells with different experiences in our lives. The first time I French Pressed some home ground beans was a magical experience for me. The beans were a particularly good yirgacheffe light roast done up by some friends of mine in the SF area (just home roasters), and everyone was in for a cuppa and some home baked bourekas. Since then I've been hooked and just the aroma of a good bean takes me back to that day and the feeling of friendship, relaxation, and a good meal. I will admit I am a coffee snob. If it doesn't smell and taste good to me, I'll pour it out and walk away.

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
I agree with you rebclick, I also associate flavors and smells with different experiences. a good aromatic cup of coffee wakes up my senses! I am a small batch roaster in South America, and love the roasting process the best.

dstrand

Apr 25, 2012
SF Bay Area
Visit site
Some of my happiest memories are from when we ran a coffee house in Studio City back in the early 90's. We had a glass storefront, and as the customers came through the door, you could see the day's stresses disappear from their face, as they inhaled the atmosphere of the place.

Simply the aroma would affect people in a wonderful, powerful way. Great stuff!

MarkPer

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello community,

There are many different types of coffee makers. They have the same purpose i.e. serving a good coffee to all. The process is very simple. At first you have to mix hot water with ground coffee and then, filter out the grinds. A good coffee depends upon the powder, which you have used. There are a few people like to make a fresh cup of coffee at various times during the day. If you spend much of the day at home and like to enjoy the occasional cup now and then, consider one of the single-serve coffee makers. Using single serve coffee makers, like one of the Keurig K-Cup brewers, or the Senseo coffee pod brewer, costs a little more per cup. But every cup of coffee you make is fresh.

Best Regards,
Mark Per :coffeemug:

ppkgan

May 9, 2012
Visit site
The smell when you walk into a coffee house, I have traveled extensively and in some parts of the world coffee is not that big of a deal. You can always find a Starbucks, even though it is nothing like the coffee houses I normally go to... it is a taste of home. When traveling through the States... there is the whole atmosphere from music to personalities, coffee brings them in. It has got to be the aroma!

slowsipper

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I love the experience. Its the warm mug filling my grip, milky white plumes of heavy cream mingling with the deep, dark, roasted elixir, reminding me of sweet smoky incense wafting through a receptive atmosphere. Rich nutty coffee is the perfect companion to a delicate, crisp english muffin that would promise gastronomical delight with exploration of its salted buttery wells of toasted goodness. Crunch, sip, mmmmmm. :coffee: