coffee and tea

tankin_tummy

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
It seems I am walking the fence, as in I drink both tea and coffee of roughly the same amounts. Coffee people scoff at me for drinking tea and call me a hippie. Tea drinkers say I'm one of the "coffee sloppers" who have no taste. I like both actaully. Is there anyone else in the same boat as me?

I enjoy making psudo Americanos from my moka pot, and making pressed coffee. Both are rich and full bodied when I want something bold to drink. I like green tea in the afternoon because of it's natural "grassy" flavour, and chia or matcha lattes in the evening.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Recently, I've noticed that a lot of the regular coffee drinkers, who come into the cafe where I work, have switched to drinking tea because they have cold or flu symptoms. Many people turn to drinking tea when they're not feeling well. I automatically reach for the coffee, and they say "No, I'd like tea today."

We also sell hot apple cider (Mott's - from a pre-measured powdered mix) and that's become popular lately. It has Vitamin C in it and it's hot. People seem to like it. The box of 36 packets is $7.98 which comes to 22 cents each. We mix it with hot water and sell it for $1.75. Mott's Hot Spiced Cider Variety Pack - .74 oz. - 36 ct. - Sam's Club

Rose

bprotsman

Jan 13, 2008
Ft Lauderdale
Visit site
i prefer green tea. i like coffee but coffee is not good for health. green tea helps to lose your weight.and it has many benefits so i like green tea.

Alan, Why would you say Coffee is not good for you. There has been many published studies that state otherwise. Everything in moderation.

manroger4

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I prefer coffee to tea like.I can not be without it every day.If so, I do not drink coffee that is a torture for me.

Last edited:

ElDiablo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm a dork for both. Verve Coffee Roasters I noticed the other day sell a coffee cherry tea I'm probably going to order. And also there's another tea called Kishr made from dried coffee cherry among other herbs and spices.

hitesh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Kona is the smoothest with floral overtones, Columbian is thick rich and roubust, some say a little bitter it is just the body of the coffee. Personally I have never darnk Sumatra.