Quick food ideas

kertis

Sep 22, 2012
Lawton
Visit site
What are some quick food ideas to make a coffee house seem like a restaurant style coffee houses.... Ive been thinking baout setting up some crockpots with rice...and the rest with meat...maybe three selections of meat.... any advice??

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I used to serve egg sandwiches at a shop a lifetime ago. I would steam the eggs with a little bit of half and half. You can add chives, sun dried tomatoes and cheese. The trick is to have your wet clothe ready when you remove the wand from the egg. If not it is a pain to clean. You have to spray the frothing pitcher with a cooking spray such as PAM. You after your eggs are done you cut a croissant[FONT=arial, sans-serif]turn the pitcher upside down [/FONT] so the egg lands on the croissant.

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
finger sandwhiches, egg salad, ham and mayonaise with pickle chopped in. Those are quick to make, and are always popular.

Your idea of rice and meat is alright, but I don't see it as being a real coffee like choice.

You might go with more like pastries, doughnuts, sandwiches, soups, chili, cookies etc.

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I really like the idea of pastries, doughnuts, cookies and to add, you can incorporate muffins and cup cakes.
I think that these 4, 5 really compliment well with coffee and will serve your cause.

Indesio

Sep 22, 2012
Barakaldo
Visit site
Something like this?

bar-el-globo.jpg

fotos-san-sebastian-pintxos-001.jpg

HPIM0869.JPG

Salu2.
Indesio.

Indesio

Sep 22, 2012
Barakaldo
Visit site
I mean, i have a lot of "pintxos" recipes but some of them must be adecuated for local ingrediensts. If interested, ask PM.

@eldub; "Tortilla de patatas" is a must have everywhere. I would say, it's such a termometer about the quality of the place. I know it's expensive overseas by olive oil.

Salu2.
Indesio.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Olive oil is relatively expensive in the Us, when compared to Spain, but that doesn't stop us from using it.

However, I was surprised when I watched my Spanish housemates make french fried potatoes the first time in a pan of olive oil. hehe