Mugs of coffee

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
So,
I have just very recently started consuming coffee. Before that, I was neither a fan of coffee nor tea. However, now I really like coffee but I was wondering that how many mugs of coffee are suitable for me? (Considering that it has been just over a month since I started having coffee).
I thought that there would be no better place to discuss this thing in detail than here, so I just posted it and now waiting for your responses.
Looking forward :)
:star::star::star:

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, okay, right,
Perhaps I should have mentioned earlier that I am a 24 years male with good general health. I do not do any smoking, alcohols etc but at the same time, my life-style is sedentary type, that is, I hardly do any physical exercises.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, it depends on how caffeine affects you. Some people can drink coffee day and night without it affecting their sleep patterns. Others, (like my wife) have trouble sleeping at night if they consume a single cup of coffee in the morning. And most of us fit somewhere in the middle, imo. The bottom line, imo, is that there is no right answer.

If you drink so much coffee that it makes you jittery and you decide you don't like that feeling, cut back. If you can't get to sleep at night, or wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep, then cut back. it just depends on what feels right for you, imo.

lw

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd say just starting out maybe keep it to 1 or 2 a day.. They say that the trouble really begins after you drink more than 7 or 8 cups of coffee a day (of course that could also be due to external factors such as amount of sugar and cream you put in as well...)

Thing is, you need to know your limit. Also, you will need to keep in mind that coffee is a diurehtic (makes you pee) so how often you want to pee could also be a factor...

tankin_tummy

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The true test is to go a day without coffee every now and again (maybe once a month). If you can last that day without feeling sick, irritated or unusually tired then you don't have a physical addiction. As long as you don't have a physical addiction and is not giving you stomach problems you are doing ok. Also I drink my morning coffe at least 1hr after waking up, and usually after breakfast- this way my body does not get into the habit of relying on coffee to wake up

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't like to drink coffee in the morning. However, I've been doing a lot of early cupping lately while developing blends and roast profiles. I'm a morning person, and don't need caffeine to wake up. Morning cupping sessions lead to caffeine crashes in the afternoon, for me.

I prefer to drink coffee in the afternoon. That way I'm still alert by the end of the day and actually manage to stay up a bit later at night.

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, right.
I actually have kept myself to a couple of mugs at present.
I do not have any sleeping issues so far, that is, I do not wake at night or find difficulty before falling asleep; so I guess that is nice.
However, I now urge for coffee if I am not able to have it.
:coffeemug:

ppkgan

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I have to have a cup in the morning, it is part of the ritual now. Sometimes I don't have any more than that. Most of the time though I will have one in the afternoon, maybe after lunch. When there is a lot to due and dead lines are coming up I can drink as many as 5 to 6 cups. I also drink a fair amount of tea usually cold over ice, I know I have had to much when I feel jittery.

I agree with Tankin it is good to take a day off sometimes!

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I drink one mug at about 11 am, in between the breakfast and lunch while other mug at about 6 pm, at supper time.
Besides that, I drink a cup of tea in breakfast.

:coffee:

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
We also carry organic teas in the shop, so I've been experimenting with them as well.

I've come to the conclusion that I like my green teas cold brewed for an extended period of time and the blacks, such as Keemun and Nepali hot.

Armani

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Nothing is bad until you become addicted of it. I'm not sure but do you feel that
bit excessive quantity of the coffee makes you lazy, disturb the digestive system and
make you feel body weekness

Last edited by a moderator:

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I drink one mug at about 11 am, in between the breakfast and lunch while other mug at about 6 pm, at supper time.
Besides that, I drink a cup of tea in breakfast.

:coffee:

Pretty normal there.. There's that cup of coffee in the morning (to get going), then around 9AM/10AM that second cup to keep you going... Then again at about 3PM (that "wall" as we call it).. And then maybe another one around 6PM/7PM (of course if it doesn't interfere with your sleeping habits).

Anything more, and you get to be like my sister in law lol... She could drink 5 or 6 cups a day easy. She's a real coffee addict..