Happy Thanksgiving

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "prairieguy"

I swear I learn something new on this Coffee Forum every day!

I didn't know about the Thanksgiving in Canada, and I had to look it up:

On Thursday, January 31, 1957, the Canadian Parliament proclaimed: “A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed – to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October."

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of our other members from Canada.

Rose

ppkgan

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Happy thanksgiving to everyone, I think that this is a great holiday maybe we can start a world wide movement! I think that we need a little more good will these days!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
For those of us in the United States, today is our Thanksgiving.

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope you'll spend time with your family and friends today instead of hitting the stores that will open later on this evening.

Rose

rohitlumar

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Belated Happy Thanks giving to every one. For those who like my post :) thank a lot. I think thanks giving day is the day on which you can give thanks to those you forget to say thanks at the right time. Now this is the time to say thanks to them either by saying it or by giving cards to show more affection :)

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! (Though belated)

There certainly is a lot to be thankful for. I hope we don't stop being thankful just because the day has passed. Now more than ever we need to be thankful.

I like to take 5 mins with my morning cup of coffee to go over what I'm thankful for.. Really helps to change the old outlook on life :)

prairieguy

Sep 11, 2012
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! (Though belated)

There certainly is a lot to be thankful for. I hope we don't stop being thankful just because the day has passed. Now more than ever we need to be thankful.

I like to take 5 mins with my morning cup of coffee to go over what I'm thankful for.. Really helps to change the old outlook on life :)

That is a great idea, it also starts you out on a positive path for your day! And happy Thanksgiving to everyone south of the 49th as well, even if I missed being here for a few days.

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Happy thanksgiving day to everyone out there, I know it might be somewhat belated for some individuals and extremely belated for others, lol but I am sorry for that.
The day itself says everything and I totally agree with the thought of "ppkgan" that this particular day should be observed worldwide actually and perhaps on the very same day just like mothers' day or fathers' day as this is a real sweeeet concept, I have to admit this.
:coffee1:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Another year has gone by!

For those of us in the United States, tomorrow is our Thanksgiving.

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you'll spend time with your family and friends, instead of hitting the stores that will open on Thanksgiving evening.

Rose

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I saw one of those silly 'e-cards' that read, "Black Friday; because only in America, people trample each others for sales exactly one day after being thankful for what they already have."

Wishing the friends here, a warm and meaningful holiday.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
For those of us in the United States, today is our Thanksgiving.

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope you'll spend time with your family and friends today instead of hitting the stores that will open later this evening.

Rose

I dug up this old post from 2012. It still applies today. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. :smile:

~ Rose