Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Working on business plan...

Hey everyone,

I am currently working on a business plan for a future "home barista online store". Still in the research phase and determining the viability of the concept.

At a minimum I will be offering products such as thermometers, coffee grinders, scales, and brewers. What products and brands would you expect to see offered to cater to home baristas (or would it be more proper to say home baristi)? What other products would you recommend I offer that are not readily available anywhere?

Right now I roast coffee as a hobby. I will be offering my own roasted coffee a few years down the line if/when I decide to get a brick and mortar store.

Any input you have in the meantime for my future home barista online store will be very much appreciated!

Regards,
    Angela
    My cheerful disposition is brought to you today by a STRONG cup of coffee.

How will you drive people to your website?
    Do you have professional design and coding for best positioning on Google, Yahoo, etc. ?

These things will be much more important to your business than what you carry. Establishing space online is more difficult than a brick and mortar. Nobody can walk by or drive by and see you. Think about design, implementation, and execution before anything else.

Good luck!
    John Piquet
    caffe d'bolla
    Salt Lake City, UT
    caffedbolla.com

Angela,

I think you should offer different types of brewing tools.
    Aero press, Hario drip brew, Cold brewing tools like tody, Siphon brew, Chemex, and other brewing tools. More the better.
    Also related items like different filters, covers, measuring cup or scoop, and other related items.
    Posters for beans and different color charts, books and instruction manuals and other related books and papers.

Water filters and water testing kit.

Those are all i can think of. Of course you can offer your own beans for people to buy.

Good Luck

Awesome suggestions, John and CoffeeJunky! Thank you. I will keep those in mind. I am looking at starting out very small, with 5 to 10 products and test them out. Get rid of the ones that don't sell, keep the ones that sell, etc.

I plan on selling online and in person, you know, like how Mary Kay people do it, do demos at people's homes except it's with home coffee brewing instead of make up.

Keep your suggestions/ideas coming as you can think of them please, I really appreciate it!

Angela

your idea is good. just one thing to say, go ahead.......

Best of luck, Angela. I've recently begun thinking about an online store as well (not for coffee products, so no competition from me

Are you planning on carrying an inventory, or having orders shipped directly from a wholesaler?

Quote Originally Posted by Foszer View Post
    Best of luck, Angela. I've recently begun thinking about an online store as well (not for coffee products, so no competition from me

Are you planning on carrying an inventory, or having orders shipped directly from a wholesaler?
    Hi Foszer,
    Both. Will probably start out a couple of demo products, with some on hand. Then if I run out for in person orders or online orders would ship directly from suppliers.

I kind of halted the business plan, we are in the process of selling our house and moving soon!

Angela

Its a great industry to be in, second largest commodity sold in the world behind oil.

very nice idea. im sure it would be a hit as coffee is one of the most sold commodity. please do keep us updated .

flori
    blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com

Hey keep us posted on the progress! I'm also interested in knowing what drop shipper you use

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links