My Review of the Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System

alank

May 5, 2013
Florida
Visit site
PinkRose - My sister really likes the machine, and no I am not paid to do a favorable review. I am an Amazon affiliate though.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "alank"

Here's something to file away for future reference:

When my mother, and several of my friends, first got their Keurigs, they really loved the machine too. They each went out and bought all sorts of K-cups and were having a really good time with it. But within 3-6 months, they each started experiencing problems, (leaking, etc.). I've heard the stories from all of them about how they went round-and-round with Keurig customer service trying to trouble shoot the problems. Keurig actually ended up sending each of them a new machine for free.

One of my more assertive friends, tells me that she got the customer service person to admit that the Keurig machines are basically inferior, but Keurig wants you to keep using their machine because they make their profits by selling the K-Cups. They are also figuring that most people won't bother dealing with customer service, and they'll just go out and replace the broken Keurig with a new one.

So, as time goes on, if your sister's machine starts leaking or othersise not working, have her call customer service and "do the dance" and then insist that they send her a new machine - for free. They'll want her to send them back a part from the machine, but she can complain about having to box it up and drive to the post office etc, and see what happens.

Rose

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I also have a friend who loved her Keurig Machine. I am not sure how long she got it though. Will have to check if she is experiencing problems with her. Thanks PinkRose :)

Flori
Blogger, Coffeeloversofworld.com

Last edited by a moderator:

alank

May 5, 2013
Florida
Visit site
Rose - thanks for sharing.

Hello "alank"

Here's something to file away for future reference:

When my mother, and several of my friends, first got their Keurigs, they really loved the machine too. They each went out and bought all sorts of K-cups and were having a really good time with it. But within 3-6 months, they each started experiencing problems, (leaking, etc.). I've heard the stories from all of them about how they went round-and-round with Keurig customer service trying to trouble shoot the problems. Keurig actually ended up sending each of them a new machine for free.

One of my more assertive friends, tells me that she got the customer service person to admit that the Keurig machines are basically inferior, but Keurig wants you to keep using their machine because they make their profits by selling the K-Cups. They are also figuring that most people won't bother dealing with customer service, and they'll just go out and replace the broken Keurig with a new one.

So, as time goes on, if your sister's machine starts leaking or othersise not working, have her call customer service and "do the dance" and then insist that they send her a new machine - for free. They'll want her to send them back a part from the machine, but she can complain about having to box it up and drive to the post office etc, and see what happens.

Rose

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Good article and provides a nice summary of the B70 (or B77 depending on where you buy the machine) features.

We also have B77 at home and found it a good machine. Looks great in the kitchen and makes a great cup of coffee. But as we have looked into more stories about it online we do see it does have its issues though.

One of the most common issues is the brewer will just shut down (or never start up again) and the partial brew. Both of these issues seem to stem from a slow and intermittent leak from one of the solenoids inside the brewer. The solenoids help control water pressure within the brewer's boiler system, however they have been found to leak. Unfortunately the solenoids sit above both the transformer unit and the air pump - both rather critical to the machine's operation.

Problems with the transformer can cause the brewer to shut down, due to a shortage or arching, and problems with the air pump would cause either a partial cup of coffee to be brewed or no cup at all.

But other than this and a few other problems its a good unit.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Good article and provides a nice summary of the B70 (or B77 depending on where you buy the machine) features.

We also have B77 at home and found it a good machine. Looks great in the kitchen and makes a great cup of coffee. But as we have looked into more stories about it online we do see it does have its issues though.

One of the most common issues is the brewer will just shut down (or never start up again) and the partial brew. Both of these issues seem to stem from a slow and intermittent leak from one of the solenoids inside the brewer. The solenoids help control water pressure within the brewer's boiler system, however they have been found to leak. Unfortunately the solenoids sit above both the transformer unit and the air pump - both rather critical to the machine's operation.

Problems with the transformer can cause the brewer to shut down, due to a shortage or arching, and problems with the air pump would cause either a partial cup of coffee to be brewed or no cup at all.

But other than this and a few other problems its a good unit.

The issues that you described seem to be among the majority of the complaints that people have with their Keurig machines not working right. So, are these "common issues" fixable? Is it really a good unit, considering these and a "few other problems"?

kencovending

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
This is really a nice review of Keurig B70. It is Single-cup home brewing system & it has one touch control panel with one year warranty. I am not favoring any brand or company, But Jura Bean to Cup Coffee machine is much better than Keuring B70. Because it has data electronic technology with the simplest one touches operating systems at affordable cost price.

But thanks for sharing this review....