Finally New website for Siphon Coffee

Redswing

May 30, 2013
Northern California
Visit site
Any thoughts on the Hario TCA 2 or TCA 3? http://www.amazon.com/Hario-TCA-2-Technica-Siphon-Coffee/dp/B000IKLQVY Know of a better source than Amazon?

My Yama stovetop siphon works well, but I've heard great reviews about the Hario, and have seen them at a few siphon bars. The only bit of info I've heard is that the denatured alcohol burner they come with is inadaquate, you should use a butane fueled burner instead.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Any thoughts on the Hario TCA 2 or TCA 3? Amazon.com - Hario for two TCA-2 Technica Siphon Coffee (Japan Import) Know of a better source than Amazon?

My Yama stovetop siphon works well, but I've heard great reviews about the Hario, and have seen them at a few siphon bars. The only bit of info I've heard is that the denatured alcohol burner they come with is inadaquate, you should use a butane fueled burner instead.

Or, you can preheat the water in a kettle to speed things along. The main problem w/ the butane or alcohol burners is not only low output, but that they're not very responsive when you need to adjust the amount of heat.

I would doubt that there is much flavor difference between the various siphon pots; if your Yama works well, a reason to change other than flavor, would make more sense. Siphon bars love the Hario halogen units, but IMHO that's more for the entertainment value.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Or, you can preheat the water in a kettle to speed things along. The main problem w/ the butane or alcohol burners is not only low output, but that they're not very responsive when you need to adjust the amount of heat.

I would doubt that there is much flavor difference between the various siphon pots; if your Yama works well, a reason to change other than flavor, would make more sense. Siphon bars love the Hario halogen units, but IMHO that's more for the entertainment value.

Agree wtih Peter, if you already have one, why waste money on purchasing another.

Most of the siphon brewer won't make much differences since the concept is all the same. And the most of them use cloth filters and there are virtually no differences. But what makes one differ from another is the water left on the lower vessel during the brewing process. You want to make sure there are least amount of the water left during the brewing process and most of the current brewers including the Hario leaves too much water. And another important thing about siphon brewing is the importance of the heating unit. I believe if you want to purchase 400w beam heater will cost your $599.00 extra and they are all 220v.
My unit is 400W and uses 110v.
It is very simple. If you already have the siphon brewer, you do not need another. If you want to try siphon brewer, my product will be easier and simple and safer then anyone else in the market.

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
My family used a siphon brewer when I was a teen, back in the late 40's - early 50's. I don't recall anything memorable about the coffee it produced. At that time, coffee was just coffee and Dad had to have a thermos of it to go with his lunch bucket every day.

How's that saying go? "Everything old is new again"?

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I am sorry for the inconvenience. I am the owner of the website. We had some technical issue(hacking issue) and we had to take the website down for now. We are doing reconstruction of the site and taking much longer then I hoped. I will be able to help with anyone who is interested my siphon coffee maker. Message me directly or [email protected] is my email address.

Rose, thanks for the message.