Best Website

jwade20

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Creating a website to offer to feature my company and online retail sales for roasted whole beans. I have done a lot of research, and looking for a budget-friendly website hosting site. I have looked into Weebly a lot, as it is designed for small businesses (Shopping feature on their page). One of the biggest concerns with the shopping feature on the website, is credit card processing and payment integration. Weebly offers Paypal or Stride. Has anyone dealt with Stride? If so, how has your experience been? I have seen Square used a lot in coffee shops, but not for online use. I like Paypal, but I would think it would limit customer sales . Any help on what web designer site your company went with as it also involves the payment processing feature?

Appreciate any feedback

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
The website for my coffee roasting business, The Excellent Cup - Premium Roasted Whole Bean Artisan Coffee, was put together by Website Design and Management in Maryland, Virginia & DC - iMAGN Media. James, the owner/designer of iMAGN Media is very reasonable, very creative and thorough, and was great to work with. In fact, he continues to administrate the site, and lets me pay him in coffee. The shopping cart is run through paypal, but we purchased a security certificate plug-in so that customers can use a credit card without having to get bounced to paypal, and it acts like any major website in the appearance of the cart.

The site is hosted by Bluehost, and I think they're $5/month.

jwade20

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info Peter! What source did you go through on your security certificate plug-in? Paypal sponsored?

HillofBeans

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Creating a website to offer to feature my company and online retail sales for roasted whole beans. I have done a lot of research, and looking for a budget-friendly website hosting site. I have looked into Weebly a lot, as it is designed for small businesses (Shopping feature on their page). One of the biggest concerns with the shopping feature on the website, is credit card processing and payment integration. Weebly offers Paypal or Stride. Has anyone dealt with Stride? If so, how has your experience been? I have seen Square used a lot in coffee shops, but not for online use. I like Paypal, but I would think it would limit customer sales . Any help on what web designer site your company went with as it also involves the payment processing feature?

Appreciate any feedback

I like Wix for ease of design and blogging and editing Whoever you choose check for coupons and deals most of the time its easy to half your monthly charge. And get in touch with their support. You want to know how easy they are to communicate with before you sign on.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Thanks for the info Peter! What source did you go through on your security certificate plug-in? Paypal sponsored?

I wasn't that involved with the process; only remember being asked if I want to shell out another $50 to make the process more seamless and not let the paying customer get skittish about being bounced to another site. But I'll try and find out.