Starting a Kona Coffee subscription website

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
here is my comments on your web.
1. you need to put bigger and better photo of your box. I can not see any much from the web photo. Customers will like to see the big & nice photo of your box.

2. also need to show the inner packaging and describe how it will be packed and sealed. vacuum? valve?...etc

3. on the Box, you need to put ROASTED DATE and complete SOC (single origin coffee) information. about the farms, process, roasting level, cupping report (if you have)...etc
since you are selling expensive coffee, customers will want to see those information.

4. need more info about shipping. will you use USPS? probably. then, better to put some information about how long it will take for you to ship out (from the time you get the order) and how long it will take per zip code or per state.

5. on your web, if you have some farms that you work close with, better to put the farms photos, information, farmers photos, process photos. you need to make your web and coffee MORE PERSONAL to your customers which is required for selling highend coffee.

6. if possible, you need to have your coffee cupped by a known expert (even if you have to pay some good money) and get the cupping report and use it as marketing. IN each box, better to put a copy of cupping report of your coffee.

7. under WE SUPPORT LOCAL. due to bright back ground, few letters are hard to see. COFFEE, 100% KONA. those are important words, so you need to darken the back ground in order to show the letters clearly.

8. payment methods are not described clearly. which forms of payment, credit card, paypal...etc and when you subscribe, exactly which date of the month the fund will be charged...etc Customers will want to know this.

9. in CONTACT US section, it is better to put your company address, phone # and possibly some nice photos of your company employees and some description of who they are and what they do. THIS IS TO GET CREDIBILITY from customers.

10. Finally, your logo. i am certain that you have spent a quite some time to design the logo. but it is too dark and "back-ground" like. it does not pop out and captures the attention. IMHO, better to use one roasted kona bean with that hawaiian girl in brighter color, if you still want to use the concept of your initial logo.

There are a lot more, but this is my top 10 comments.
thanks
alex

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
one more thing. I just remembered.
On-line buyers love to get "points" for their buying. like hotels.com & expedia.com and other credit card companies.
so, let's say that if someone buy 6 month subscription or one year and after the customer completes the full buying, he will get one month of coffee free like that.
that is another incentive that works well for internet business.
thanks and good luck to you.

Last edited:

KonaKona

Jul 6, 2015
Honolulu, HI
Visit site
one more thing. I just remembered.
On-line buyers love to get "points" for their buying. like hotels.com & expedia.com and other credit card companies.
so, let's say that if someone buy 6 month subscription or one year and after the customer completes the full buying, he will get one month of coffee free like that.
that is another incentive that works well for internet business.
thanks and good luck to you.

Thats a great point. I have been debating with people over 2 different business models. As we are highlighting one grower each month and selling one line per month its gives us some flexibility.

1) As it is on the site right now. 3 tiers and each tier is essentially bigger a pack.

2) Or 1 tier with 3 different price points depending on how long you sign up for. 1 month recurring, 3 month recurring and 6 month recurring.

Or really I could do both but what is your thought? I have seen it both ways.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
yes, both ways might be okay.
Just remember that MAKE IT SIMPLE and EASY TO ACHIEVE.
Please do not use that incentive as gimmick.
we (as internet sellers) must remember that most of customers are way smarter than us.
so, make it simple, honest with greatest customer service.
that will do it.
thanks

Last edited:

KonaKona

Jul 6, 2015
Honolulu, HI
Visit site
make sure you optimize for your keywords, make sure the keyword you want to rank for is in the title tag of your home page, H1, H2 tags, description and sprinkled (but don't over do it) throughout your posts and pages.

Thats a really good point. I have h1-h2's on my page on keywords but didn't even think about it on my posts. Thanks!

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I like your Facebook page. It looks nice. But your website was a blank page on my iPad... Maybe it shows up on a computer if anyone uses those ancient machines anymore...

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Finally got your web page to load up. Either you are using images that are very high resolution causing a long delay to look ad up the page or you have a very slow server or hosting company working on your site. I would look into this before you start selling as people generally give up on websites that take more than 5 -10 seconds to load up with high speed internet providers... Just a suggestion but speed is everything on the net