What kind of roast do you sell the most of?

KonaKona

Jul 6, 2015
Honolulu, HI
Visit site
Hey all,

Just a quick noob question. As we are starting small and outsourcing our roasting for now I wondered which roasts in general are the most popular with your customers? I know it would be dependent on the bean but any insight you have would be much appreciated.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
You'll get answers all over the map, but the real answer is everybody roasts to the level that their customers want. I roast 25% of my coffee to City, 30% to C+, 30% to FC, and 15% to Vienna. Plenty of roasters do most everything to Vienna/French because that's what sells. You have to ask yourself what sort of coffee drinker are you going to market to.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hey all,

Just a quick noob question. As we are starting small and outsourcing our roasting for now I wondered which roasts in general are the most popular with your customers? I know it would be dependent on the bean but any insight you have would be much appreciated.

we have a local roasting company in Guatemala (not we do not sell by on-line). Like Peter said, we roast our coffee according to customers' request.
normally we send different roast samples to customers (they are restaurants and hotels) and let them decide how they want.

However, since you will be selling mostly by on-line and considering you will be selling real Kona specialty coffee, I recommend you to roast "Agtron 55". I believe Light Medium to Medium roast will bring out the best flavor for your coffee.