New roasters in the Dallas area

kapiguy

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello - I wanted to good some feedback on my website - Kapi Coffee Roasters. I have started a new coffee roasting business in one of the suburbs of Dallas and am supplying fresh roasted coffee both locally and online.

Please let me know what you all think and an looking for some constructive feedback.

Thanks.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
I really like your website. specially it is very simple and clean look.

here are some suggestions.
1. SOC : when you put SOC in your web, you need to put information of the farm (farm name, location, altitude, process (washed, dry, honey) and something unique and special about the farm and coffee...etc these infos are lacking.

2. it would help to put "reviews" from customers on each coffee. It will help you to promote your coffee better if each customer can put their comments on the coffee in your website.

3. in case of "Madras Madness", in origin section, you just put "various". I believe that this coffee is a blend. then, it would be very beneficial to customers and to you exactly what kind of blend that is. By providing much more detailed info on the blend, not only your web will look more "specialty coffee" and professional like, but also it will help customers to choose and decide.

4. this is a holiday season. so it would be nice to make a Holiday gift package. like 6 different coffees (4 oz each bag) into one gift box for holiday giving season.
I put a thread about this and perhaps you can check it out. I believe that might work well.

5. As you and I both know, the most important thing about coffee is "how fresh the coffee is".
so, if possible, you can put your roasted date on each coffee or at least mention how often you roast your coffees. that will also gain extra credibility from customers.

6. Might be a good idea to show how your coffee package looks like.

7. at your home page, the biggest photo you used was "stock photo from internet" (I might be wrong, but I think so). Coffee is very personal in so many ways. and Specialty coffee shop (even on-line shop) needs to be more personal.
Rather than putting a stock photo, it would be a lot nice to put your company photo, or at least a nice photo of your roaster, ...etc whatever is "real" in your company.
again, more credibility.

well.. there are a lot more to say, but i think that I mentioned too much already.
good luck to you.

PS: By the way, do you roast your own coffee by yourself? what kind of coffee roaster do you have?

kapiguy

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the thorough post. Great feedback, will use it.

Yes, I roast my own coffee, currently just a small Sonofresco but working on getting a larger commercial one - researching that using this website among other places.

I am using a shipping app and doing an average of shipping cost across the country. I believe it is reasonable.

I really like your website. specially it is very simple and clean look.

here are some suggestions.
1. SOC : when you put SOC in your web, you need to put information of the farm (farm name, location, altitude, process (washed, dry, honey) and something unique and special about the farm and coffee...etc these infos are lacking.

2. it would help to put "reviews" from customers on each coffee. It will help you to promote your coffee better if each customer can put their comments on the coffee in your website.

3. in case of "Madras Madness", in origin section, you just put "various". I believe that this coffee is a blend. then, it would be very beneficial to customers and to you exactly what kind of blend that is. By providing much more detailed info on the blend, not only your web will look more "specialty coffee" and professional like, but also it will help customers to choose and decide.

4. this is a holiday season. so it would be nice to make a Holiday gift package. like 6 different coffees (4 oz each bag) into one gift box for holiday giving season.
I put a thread about this and perhaps you can check it out. I believe that might work well.

5. As you and I both know, the most important thing about coffee is "how fresh the coffee is".
so, if possible, you can put your roasted date on each coffee or at least mention how often you roast your coffees. that will also gain extra credibility from customers.

6. Might be a good idea to show how your coffee package looks like.

7. at your home page, the biggest photo you used was "stock photo from internet" (I might be wrong, but I think so). Coffee is very personal in so many ways. and Specialty coffee shop (even on-line shop) needs to be more personal.
Rather than putting a stock photo, it would be a lot nice to put your company photo, or at least a nice photo of your roaster, ...etc whatever is "real" in your company.
again, more credibility.

well.. there are a lot more to say, but i think that I mentioned too much already.
good luck to you.

PS: By the way, do you roast your own coffee by yourself? what kind of coffee roaster do you have?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Thanks for the thorough post. Great feedback, will use it.

Yes, I roast my own coffee, currently just a small Sonofresco but working on getting a larger commercial one - researching that using this website among other places.

I am using a shipping app and doing an average of shipping cost across the country. I believe it is reasonable.

BTW, on-line sales is mostly about "credibility" of what you are selling and how you are doing your business.
Credibility comes trust and trust comes the sales.

so, even though your business is small and does not look impressive NOW, please try to use your own photos (even small sonofresco) and real roasted bean photos of what you are selling (green beans & roasted beans), extreme close up is very good. And never use internet stock photos because when customers realize you are using internet photos for your web, instantly you will lose credibility. and try to make your website personal and more inter-active with customers.
wish you luck.

jimmyechelon

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Very nice looking site! My only feedback is that the layout is a little flat. There is not a lot of depth to the visuals! Coffee and branding look great!