Looking for an honest assessment of our new website

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Hello. I am looking for an honest review of our website at www.coffeeroastersclub.com

Good points or bad points I want to know. I spent the past 3 months working on totally redoing the website; it was previously on a prestashop platform and now is on a wordpress platform.

It is a business website and I designed it for receiving online orders for our coffee roasting equipment.

I would appreciate any remarks, pro or con.

Thanks,
Len

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
hello Len,
how are you? this is Alex here. also thanks for chatting via your website this morning. As I promised you, I have looked over your entire website.

I must say that "I am impressed" how thoroughly and meticulously you have covered all the areas of your products.
As all your products are made by you and made in your USA location (when most of everything is now made in overseas), it also seems like your website is mostly arranged, written, video-taped, managed and basically it is "made by you" with little assistance of other professional web designing people, which is a great thing because as I was reading and looking at the videos (including introducing your wife who was taking the video) I can really "feel" that you are great at what you do and stand behind your products, no matter what.

however, since I know you via forum for a while, I could understand your mind-set and your reflected personality in your website.
but, I wonder... how others (who does not know you nor about your products and who just are looking to buy a coffee roaster...etc) might perceive your website.

Len, your website is PERFECT as I look at it, from someone who knows you, know about coffee and has some knowledge of how website & your type of product works(I have made several websites, personally and professionally, so I have some experience in this... Don't get me wrong, I "did not design" the websites. when I was working for previous company (electronics), I had couple of web designers working for me and I had the final words)

Len, I am just suggesting below as "marketing point of view". I want someone who just ran across your website (not a coffee person like us), I want him to say "wow, this is a unique products and I fully understand what he is trying to say and how this product works and how & why it costs what it costs...etc"

here we go.
1. please change line-drawing of products to either real photos by real professional photographer with proper lighting.
2. it seems like all the photos are done by you. it does not look professionally done and too much home-made
3. you have a lot of good videos, home-made videos. some are more than an hour long. I think that it will be very difficult for most of people to watch thru them all the way thru.

again, very simple, concise and professional looking video manuals for each products are needed, how it works and how to install. about 10 min long each.

4. when I jump your web pages here to there, this video to that video, it takes longer than it should. perhaps you should talk to your web guy to make it faster. Nowadays, not whole lot of people has patience.

Len, there is nothing wrong with your web, actually, you have provided way more than information about your products and related matters and I can "feel" that you care about your products and what you sell. that is absolutely great thing.

However, in general, whole structure, photos, videos, arrangement can be improved professionally, like a lot of other slick, marketing, advertising driven product websites.

But, maybe, that is what you are trying to avoid by providing honest, simple and complete, sincere approach to your products for the people who really knows what they want in your products.

if that is what you are looking, nothing to change, Len.
but if you want to go step-further for mass-appeal, bit of glitters and sales...etc, you might want to update a bit.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
hello Len,
how are you? this is Alex here. also thanks for chatting via your website this morning. As I promised you, I have looked over your entire website.

Thank you Alex for your assessment of the site. I really appreciate it. I took your suggestion about getting rid of the line drawings and put in their place our actual images. I believe it is a better presentation. Your other suggestions are excellent and I anticipate working most of them in when time allows.

Other people feel free to respond with your suggestions and criticisms. I appreciate all comments negative or positive.

Len

ScooterDog

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello Len,

I like the new website. I have visited your old website many times before purchasing the 10 lb drum and motor kit. It seems like you can jump product to product more quickly. The cleaner layout of the new website makes the information easier to follow. I didn't have any trouble with speed loading pages.

As time allows, I would like to see more videos. I couldn't find a lot information or how to videos on roasting 10 lb batches. I started with 2 lb batches and have worked my way up to 4 lbs. I'm just taking it slow and learn something new each roast.

Thanks,

Dan

BloomSay

Jan 17, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Those blue "More Details" buttons look a little outdated, and your favicon (browser tab icon) could be resized a little bit, it looks a little vertically-stretched. Other than that I think everything looks great!

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Those blue "More Details" buttons look a little outdated, and your favicon (browser tab icon) could be resized a little bit, it looks a little vertically-stretched. Other than that I think everything looks great!

Thanks for the suggestion. I replaced the blue square "More Details" buttons with a more modern look. I appreciate the input.

Len

Latest posts