Web presence for cafes

vsotov

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)][FONT=&quot]Hello everyone. I will not sell or advertise anything. :) Just question. As a tourist, I always research nearby&new coffee shops and the first place to look for is google. But so many don't have sites or have bad ones not optimized for mobile. What do you need to create and manage you online presence? What problems do you face often?[/FONT][/COLOR]

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Vsotov,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

I have to admit I often become annoyed when I try to find a website for a business that I'm interested in checking out, only to see an empty shell of a page that's under construction or maybe just something that hasn't been updated or maintained for a very long time.

I think a business should either have a webpage that's properly maintained or just not have one at all.

I can see how it could be a challenge for an owner of a small business, such as a local cafe, to find the time to keep a website maintained. There are obviously too many day-to-day things to take care of.

The lucky ones are those who employ knowledgeable college students as baristas, who can work on the website during the slow parts of the day.

If the website has the basic information, such as location, hours or operation, some recent photos, and perhaps a menu, it would be better than having nothing at all.

Rose