Just launched my new coffee store

Lndontcoffee

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
I just launched my new website this week. It will of course need some better photos and lots of fine detail work but it is a start! I plan to market it via social media aswell as seo and I am still working on my packing. I would like to providehigh quality, fair trade coffee to Canadian and us citizens. I am still working on the branding. Check out the website at www brewingcups com let me know what you think!

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
So... while I am roasting for tomorrow, I will give you some some feedback.

Mark this under "Be careful what you wish for." :twisted:

1. Are ALL the photos, graphics used on the website yours or are they stock? They look stock.

2. You say, "An array of the finest coffee in the world" But you offer only generic regional coffees. No farm specific or lot specific coffees. And no actual tasting notes. So that statement is not true.

3. WHO are you? What's your background, your PROVEN expertise? Who have you roasted for? How long have you been roasting? Awards? You give absolutely no information about your operation.
3a. I'm calling straight "BS" on referring to anything with the title "roastmaster".

4. You state on your post about "Fair Trade coffees" and although FT is not a designation of quality, none of the coffees on your site seem to be FT at all. Seems weird when you specifically mention it here.

5. You never state the amount 500g 300g 1 lb. ??

6. You offer ground coffee. If you were offering "the finest coffees" you would never offer ground as an option. The idea of "roasting fresh" goes down the toilet if you then grind it.

7. Kona is not a "high quality coffee" and $70 is insane from an unnamed, unknown roaster from an unnamed, unknown farm. And "intense concentrated flavor" Flavor of what? What does that even mean? "leaves a tingle on the tongue" So does a 9 Volt battery, and it certainly doesn't cost $70.

8. And $1 will go to cancer research? Maybe you are trying to do something good by selling very average coffees to people. If it's a personal thing, attach a personal story to it. Comes off as dishonest without charity specifics so the public can verify the specific charity and how monies are actually used.

9. WTF? You sell flavored coffee??? (and K cups!) You've lost any and all future credibility.

"You're welcome." :coffee1:

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Wow. I checked the shipping. If I was to buy "Organically, shade grown Colombian Supremo Peaberry" it would run me $20 in shipping. You didn't mention direct trade, Rain Forrest alliance or hand picked by topless virgins.
The shipping cost more than the coffee itself.
I assume that Aroma ridge is roasting for you...you copied their descriptions and pictures that they have on their site.
Brazil - Brazil Daterra Peaberry Coffee - Aroma Ridge The only difference is they have that coffee for $6 cheaper.
You even copied their about our coffee. - http://aromaridge.com/about-our-coffee/
I am sorry but I think you need to educate your self on coffee a little bit more before you try and break into this business.

Lndontcoffee

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi guy! Sorry about that, I just threw the website together until I could customize it further. I wanted to drop ship from aroma until I could afford to buy a roaster. I didn't realize shipping would be that much, I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the feedback, I might delete this thread until I have things a little more together. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I was not trying to be rude...just so many people just jump in and do not put the time and effort to learn what we have spent our lives trying to perfect. Just a heads up also...Kona Peaberry is not extra Fancy...and I have never had it tingle on my tongue. ;)

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Lndontcoffee,

Great catch by topher!

My aim is to be honest with anyone who wants to be a professional. I am glad it seems you handle criticism well. And for legal and ethical reasons, you should rethink your strategy. If you are a reseller, you need to be clear that you are a reseller.

I would suggest looking for a better roaster, and develop a good relationship. Sell coffee you can personally have pride in.
Keep the enthusiasm, it's great to be motivated -- but think about how you want to represent yourself and the importance of ethics and standards.

Best.

U

Lndontcoffee

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys! No problem what so ever, I take constructive criticism well. I will work further on it and get back to you when I have an updated version [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

javacentral

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Overall, the site is a good start. I like the featured coffee at the beginning of the site and choosing between flavored and unflavored coffee.
Two things I'd change or add.
1. How much coffee are we getting? Only one of the coffees that I saw said it was 1lb of coffee. The rest, for all I know, is 1 bean of coffee for $20. That would be the first thing I'd change
2. The pictures are nice but what does the coffee look like? The packaging, the beans itself, they all are a mystery to me. Share pictures of them. Even if initially they aren't super high quality pictures, show off the product. All I know what they look like are some random stock photo you found.
Try out those 2 things and I think you'll be off to a good start!