When should I start my site?

13 Bean

AJPRATT said:
I have a location I want, but nothing set in stone. When do you suggest I set up a website? Or when should I at least register my domain name?

Sounds like you're a few steps ahead of me in opening your shop, but I would suggest you open up your website sooner rather than later. We've picked a name, and as soon as we've designed our logo, we're going to at least put up a professional "coming soon" splash page.

Why not? Registering a domain name and getting a basic hosting plan is pretty cheap. You'll be able to get a nice (you)@(yourcoffeeshop).com email address to do business out of. You can put the email address and website on your business cards, confident that info won't change later.

I believe there are some hosting company recommendations in the archives. Personally I've done business with godaddy.com in the past and had a good experience.

Cheers!

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
Web Host

I am using Mocha Host for my website. They are very responsive with technical questions and I haven't had any problems with them. I think it was $44 a year which includes domain name registration and I get to keep my domain name for life as long as I stay with them.

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
Hey, Jim... Our site is up. We are just about the begin the build out, provided we get all of our approvals. Its just a bare bones kinda thing until we have a better idea of what we're going to do.