Coffee Blog

stevekessler

Mar 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I have a relatively new blog up and running. I would like it to focus on industry specifics with a strong emphasis on cupping. It would be great to have others submit their cupping notes. Do you think something like that would work? I know sweet maria''s post their cupping notes, but do you think others would want to make their notes public on a blog. I would like this blog to help others new to cupping see what others are tasting and experiencing. So any thoughts anyone??? :D

Lams

Mar 13, 2008
Vienna, Austria
Visit site
I like the Layout

Steve,

Just new to this too as I have a relatively new website and blog, but I like the way your blog looks and the snapshots are nice. I''m not a cupping expert, just a coffee blogger but I like really visual things and your website does really have a \"lounge\" feel to it. I think I will add to my blogroll. Good luck.

Lams

stevekessler

Mar 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Thanks Lams! I checked out your site and it's very nice as well. Also thanks for the consideration of putting me on your blog roll. Best of luck with all your coffee ventures my friend.

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Stevekessler,

Very nice blog/wordpress. It's full of pertinent information.

I enjoyed viewing your barista competition videos and it was interesting to see all of the young people that are into it.

If you want to focus more on cupping, how about a cupping video??? Do they make videos of cuppings? That's what I'd like to see.

Anyway, I'm a fan!!!

stevekessler

Mar 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
David,

Thanks for the kind words. I would love to eventually put cupping video's up on the site. I have the camera, but I want to get some more practice in first. Those video's I have up for now where video's I found on the net. It's alway great to meet new people from here, and also I enjoyed your blog as well!

Take Care,
Steve

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Steve,

I've never seen a cupping form before seeing the one on your blog. I enlarged the photo to see it better, but then it was too big. The other one just came in blurry. Are those your personal notes?

If I'm not mistaken, our very own Mr. Jim Lyon is attending a cupping today in North Carolina and hopefully he can share his experience with us here soon.

P.S. - tell the wifey that we like her latte art pics. :p

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
Cupping

Just got back from my cupping today. It was soo cool. Counter Culture Coffee has so many great resources and gadgets at It's place, oh yeah they have coffee too. They work with farmers in different regions to get really special coffee and then pay them a higher price for their coffee because it is so special. We cupped three coffees that were very different. You can get a cupping form on coffeebeanqueen.

stevekessler

Mar 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
davidsbiscotti said:
Steve,

I've never seen a cupping form before seeing the one on your blog. I enlarged the photo to see it better, but then it was too big. The other one just came in blurry. Are those your personal notes?

If I'm not mistaken, our very own Mr. Jim Lyon is attending a cupping today in North Carolina and hopefully he can share his experience with us here soon.

P.S. - tell the wifey that we like her latte art pics. :p

I got the cupping form from Roast Magazine. The forms are blank and you circle and write notes as your cupping. My wife was happy to hear you say that, it made her day.

Jim, it sounds like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing how things went. :grin: