Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Memphis USA
    Posts
    25

    Is our site easy to naviagate?

    I would like some input as to whether our site is easy to navigate and the products are easy to find.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    338
    Alphabetized categories to the left, equipment with prices in the center, easy to find what you came in for, nice layout.

    Easy to navigate for sure. I don't know about the dark background, although it does make the photos of the equipment pop out.

    Nice work, who did your site?

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Near Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,717
    Hello,

    First of all, when I went to your web site, my computer screen immediately flashed a warning box that said the revocation information for the security certificate for the site is not available and it asked me if I wanted to proceed. This happened twice yesterday and twice today. You may want to check into your certificate and see what's going on so it doesn't annoy your potential customers when they check out your web site.

    I wasn't too sure about the dark background either. When I took a web page design class several years ago, the professor said to stay away from certain colors, and gray was one of them. From looking at your web page, I now see how a gray background can be hard on the eyes, especially when the text is white.

    Also, you have the blue links for your page categories listed to the left, but you also have them going across the top of the page. You may want to keep the ones on the left and remove the ones on the top. You really don't need both.

    I didn't have any problems navigating through your links or looking at the products.

    I love the drop down box on the left where you can select your type of currency, and then the prices on the items change to the currency that you select. I absolutely love the feature. You get five stars for that!

    Rose

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Memphis USA
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose
    Hello,

    First of all, when I went to your web site, my computer screen immediately flashed a warning box that said the revocation information for the security certificate for the site is not available and it asked me if I wanted to proceed. This happened twice yesterday and twice today. You may want to check into your certificate and see what's going on so it doesn't annoy your potential customers when they check out your web site.

    I wasn't too sure about the dark background either. When I took a web page design class several years ago, the professor said to stay away from certain colors, and gray was one of them. From looking at your web page, I now see how a gray background can be hard on the eyes, especially when the text is white.

    Also, you have the blue links for your page categories listed to the left, but you also have them going across the top of the page. You may want to keep the ones on the left and remove the ones on the top. You really don't need both.

    I didn't have any problems navigating through your links or looking at the products.

    I love the drop down box on the left where you can select your type of currency, and then the prices on the items change to the currency that you select. I absolutely love the feature. You get five stars for that!

    Rose
    What browser are you using to get the when you get the security warning?
    I have tested it with IE 7 and Firefox and have not received a warning.
    I will look into deleting the links at the top of the page as I think it is overkill too. I'll also take into consideration the gray theme.
    What color do you suggest?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Memphis USA
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsbiscotti
    Alphabetized categories to the left, equipment with prices in the center, easy to find what you came in for, nice layout.

    Easy to navigate for sure. I don't know about the dark background, although it does make the photos of the equipment pop out.

    Nice work, who did your site?
    Thanks for your kind words. I designed this website myself so its always a work in progress.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Near Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,717
    Hello again,

    I'm using Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11. The pop up certificate security warning was there again today when I visited your web page.

    I tried it in Firefox and I didn't have a problem. Maybe my IE security settings are too high?

    You probably could still keep the gray background, but maybe it would look better if you tone it down some. Try using lighter shades of gray and see what you think.

    Rose

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Memphis USA
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose
    Hello again,

    I'm using Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11. The pop up certificate security warning was there again today when I visited your web page.

    I tried it in Firefox and I didn't have a problem. Maybe my IE security settings are too high?

    You probably could still keep the gray background, but maybe it would look better if you tone it down some. Try using lighter shades of gray and see what you think.

    Rose
    I got the same warning when I increased the security settings in IE so that is probably the reason. I got rid of the tabs at the top of the page and changed the white font color to match the rest of the page.
    I'll see how hard it will be to lighten up the gray theme. I'm a self taught website designer and this was my first page so I'm learning as I go.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    1,552
    Hahaha you people are still using IE! Just poking some fun!

    I got sick and tired of using IE many and many a year ago. I use Firefox and for the most part haven't had any headaches from the switch. Looking forward to Firefox 3, F3beta4 is so sweet.
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Near Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,717
    For being a self-taught web designer, you're doing one heck of a good job so far.

    I didn't get the security warning a little while ago when I visited your web page again, and I haven't tweaked my IE settings. Maybe the problem fixed itself.

    One thing I noticed today when I visited your web site is that the active links are blue, but after I click on one, it still stays blue.

    It would be helpful if the visited links turn purple so a visitior can see the pages he or she has already explored instead of accidently clicking on a link that's been viewed already.

    Also, for the sake of consistency, any text that's blue should be a link to another page. You use blue for the text that's in the center of your home page. It may look better if it's some other color.

    Here is a link for a book on Amazon.com that I bought several years ago. The title is a little strange, but it does have a lot of helpful information, and it illustrates a lot of things to avoid when creating web pages.

    http://www.amazon.com/Web-Pages-That-Su ... 461&sr=1-1

    Rose

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    4
    I think your site looks great and it is easy to navigate.

    I agree that maybe the gray is a little dark, maybe just go a shade lighter. Overall, I think it looks nice.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Keurig Coffee Maker - New and Easy To Use!
    By Mathazar in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 09:41 AM
  2. Easy-to-use espresso maker
    By Pepin in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 06:47 AM
  3. new web site
    By josip1978 in forum Coffee Websites
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 09:42 AM
  4. New Site
    By Fresh Roaster in forum Coffee Websites
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 10:57 AM
  5. New Top 100, please add your site
    By Best Guide to Espresso in forum Business to Business B2B
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 05:54 PM

Search tags for this page

keurig security certificate revoked

,

starting a christian coffee house

Click on a term to search for related topics.