Thoughts on new coffee website

mycoffeebarn

May 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

hope everyone is well.

I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out by taking a little look at my recently launched coffee website.

My goal is to build on 3 pillars over time, to provide

- a coffee resource
- the latest coffee news
- a coffee community

Hopefully i can go some way to achieveing this and any feedback would be really great so i can get the user experience just right.

The URL is under my profile as i don't want to break any rules by posting it here so thanks in advance for your time taking a look.

Regards
:)

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Great site, especially because its an information site and you've put so much into it.

The rich color contrasts are warm and inviting. The google ads are easy to look at, almost as if you want to look at them oddly enough.

Kinda Halloween, kinda rustic. What is that, a discussion board? Looks like a forum, I like it.

The amazon thing on the coffee shop page looks a little cheap sitting on a page with such deep dark, rich colors though. That's all. Very nice man.

mycoffeebarn

May 3, 2008
Visit site
thank you for the positive feedback. chuckled to myself about the google ads, hope you clicked on them all, hehe!

totally take your point on the amazon logo, does look a little off doesn't it. i need to have a think about how i share that, and maybe the flags as well.

thank you again, very much appreciated

coffeepotato

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Have you thought about embedding the a-store directly in your page (with an iframe)? I think it would look quite good if you customize the store to match your color theme.

You could embed say the US version of the store and then just above the store you can have a link for the UK version (which you would embed in another page).

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello,

I really enjoyed browsing through your web site. I like the warm coffee colors of the layout, and I particularly like the way the site is organized. It's very obvious that you put a lot of time and effort into adding so much content. Great job!

As I was browsing, I found an interesting article about Amnesty International urging Saudi authorities to release a Saudi university professor who is facing flogging and imprisonment for meeting a woman (to whom he is not related) for coffee in the conservative Islamic kingdom.

I didn't realize that there actually is a Commission for Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice in that part of the world. I could never imagine us having something like that here in the United States. I am very grateful for the religious and personal freedoms that we have in this country!

Rose

mycoffeebarn

May 3, 2008
Visit site
thank you Pinkrose, i'm glad you liked the design and content on my site.

And to the story, its awful isn't it and totally agree that I'm glad to live in a free democratic society where a cup of coffee can't lead to prison or capital punishment.