Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boca Java?

Boca Java?

Is Boca Java really that great everyone seems to love them, I haven't tried them and was wondering is it really that good? I went to their website and it looks great, and the prices seem a little pricey, but not bad. I personally am selling gourmet coffee and know that you can't put a price on Great tasting coffee, but was just wondering. That way maybe I can make my coffee a little bit better, so far we have learned to micro roast, we now only roast to order and have a variety of coffees and all of our coffee is definitely 100% Arabica, but whatever we can do to make it better we are willing to try it...

please let me know and check out my site...

Re: Boca Java?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarafinc
    Is Boca Java really that great everyone seems to love them, I haven't tried them and was wondering is it really that good? I went to their website and it looks great, and the prices seem a little pricey. I personally am selling gourmet coffee and know that you can't put a price on Great tasting coffee, but was just wondering.
    If you haven't tried their coffee then how do you know they are pricey? If you KNOW you can't put a price on great tasting coffee then what were you wondering? You are not making any sense.
    That way maybe I can make my coffee a little bit better, so far we have learned to micro roast, we now only roast to order and have a variety of coffees and all of our coffee is definitely 100% Arabica, but whatever we can do to make it better we are willing to try it...
    No offense, 100% Arabica means jack, and many many roasters roast to order. If you don't mind my two cents, whatever business you are in, you should know what you are facing, asking what other people think in an online forum about another company's coffee without tasting them yourself is futile. You need to let your nose and your mouth be your judge. If it taste good to you then that is how you should roast. If it taste good to your customers then you are in good shape, if it taste good ONLY to you but no one else, well you are in the wrong business. You want to make your coffee a bit better? Without knowing where you are at, a bit better may not be enough. But the route to improvement is easy, taste as many coffees that are out there, cup your greens blind, buy the best you can afford, experiment with your roast. Do this repeatedly and you will be better today than yesterday, and hopefully you will be better tomorrow.
    please let me know and check out my site...[url]
    Since you ask...your site is hard to read and poorly done. There are many mistakes.

100% Organic Espress Coffee
    ORGANIC COLOMBIANO SUPREMO
    GAUTEMALAN ANTIGUA COFFEE
    COSTARICAN TARRAZU COFFEE
    with a kittle to no surface oils
    What is Flavored Gourmet Coffee?

Each coffee has specific attributes, some are more pronounced than others. Geographic location, soil conditions, the milling process and the roasting process all influence flavor.
    What? Flavored vs. terroir.
    What is Coffee Acidity?

Refers to the length of time the Gourmet Coffee flavor remains on the palate. The lower the coffee acid is, the longer it will linger on your tongue, while the higher the coffee acid is, the more rapidly it leaves the tongue. Acid levels range from low to high.
    Where did you get this from?
    What is Gourmet Coffee Overtones?

This refers to the quantity of distinguishable undertones and overtones of Gourmet Coffee Beans. is very complex. So we describe it with some of these ajectives: berry, fruit, smoke, caramel, chocolate, herb, wood, citrus & nut. A large number of retailers sell coffee in 12 oz. Packages which retails between $9- $10 per bag. Since there is 16 oz. In a pound you would be paying about $14 per pound for their coffee. That is aprox .70 cents per cup. Our coffee is sold in 16 oz bags for the same price, Good Scents Gourmet Coffee’s price perfect cup would .41 cents, It's easy Great Gourmet Coffee at a better price.
    What does your better pricing scheme got to do with coffee overtones?

Leaving your coffee quality out of the equation, I personally doubt you will have the same kind of success enjoyed by Boca Java with your current web site.
    You want cream and sugar?
    NO COFFEE FOR YOU! NEXT!

Super Moderator

Hello "ElPugDiablo"

Thank you so much for posting that message! When I read it, I said out loud, "I love you, Pug!" (don't tell your wife, though)

Since I am still steaming about my friend's misadvenutres with his coffee order from "Jarafinc's" web site, when I read Jarafinc's comment about Boca Java, my blood pressure went up another notch! That guy has some nerve picking on Boca Java, and I'm glad you called him on it.

I can't tell you how ticked off I was when my friend told me that his order of coffee from Good Scents Gourmet Coffee, that was supposed to be whole beans, turned out to be ground coffee when it was finally delivered (after 3 weeks of waiting).

In addition to your comments about Jarafinc's CoffeeBeans4U web site, I have to add that it is very misleading because it truly leads a person to believe that he is ordering whole roasted beans.

I did a "test" order and saw for myself. On the page where you add an item to the cart, it doesn't give you any option or drop-down box to select whole beans or ground. The web site leads the average person to believe it's whole beans.

Then, when I looked at the order in the cart, I saw these words and a list of things to do.

Review your order below of Coffee Beans
    To change the quantity of coffee beans enter a new number in the Qty. box and click Update.

Notice the words COFFEE BEANS?

I wonder how many other people got a disappointing surprise when their coffee order arrived as ground instead of whole roasted beans.

I could kick myself for sending my friend the link to Jarafinc's web site before I had a chance to check it out!

Rose

Pug,
    I appreciate your comments, but not all companies as you should know roast 100% arabica beans, they roast a lot of times Robusta beans also I may not have tried their coffee but I know such as starbucks what is expensive and what is not, and also I will endeavor to make my website better as far the other comment by Rose is concerned I already resolved this issue and she just seems to me being petty and childish, it is not like it seems, her claims are false as far as your comments are concerned they are harsh but excepted and I will endeavor to make my site better
    thank you

Also what type of origin you use for flavored coffee really does affect the flavor, my company currently uses 100% Columbian roast, also I know that most companies use arabica beans in their flavored coffee this makes a tremendous difference,

I believe that roasting fresh is essential because alot of companies such as gevalia roast and then vacuum seal especially when distributing to stores such as walmart, or grocery stores, in this sense we ship ground roast because we ship fresh and not only that we don't vaccuum, but do ship whole bean as well....

I really believe that this is what makes coffee essentially gourmet!!!

I believe that customers know what makes good coffee and what doesn't alot of times people go by what others say, but I believe that you must try it for yourself, not only that I believe that price places a vital role in coffee, not to cheap, and not to expensive....

Please let me know what mistakes you see that way I can correct them
    in all of this I am just trying to make my company better not bring down any other company and if you enjoy Boca Java that is great, but like you said you have to try coffee to like it...

thanks

Consumers who know their coffee, order whole bean coffee for a reason and it's not a "petty" concern, by any means.

Also, to call out a company who's master roaster is a moderator on this forum and a long time contributor of information to this site, in my opinion, is "childish".

I've never seen anyone step on so many toes as you have in just a short time. You're new here, so keep searching the forums for answers to your questions and read what thousands of others have already written here.

Good luck to you.
    Advertising URL in your signature line was removed by your favorite Moderator.

If you think 100% Arabica = quality and Robusta = bad, you have a lot to learn. For your information some Arabicas are down right awful, and a few well cared Robustas are pretty darn good for specific purpose.

What made you think vacuum pack = poor quality? Oxygen is one of coffee's worst enemies, vacuum packed is one solution to prolong shelf life. The prevailing accepted optimal packing solution is packing coffee in one way valve bag with a inert gas, which can be vacuumed and nitrogen flushed.

I don't do flavored coffee, so I won't know if there is a preferred growing country. And by the way it is Colombian not Columbian. Oh, do you know where in Colombia is your Colombian from? What farm or co-op? What is the growing altitude? What are the cultivar(s)? Is it current crop? Main Crop or fly crop? Most importantly what is the flavor profile that made it your chose it to flavoring it with flavor agents? I could be wrong, and I apologize if I am prejudging you, but I am thinking you have no idea what I am asking never mind have answers to them.

You need to invest a lot more time, energy and effort not to mention money doing the research yourself, and I don't mean asking "what is your favor gourmet coffee?" type of silly questions in forums. If you think I am being harsh I am not. Posting is thread in other coffee related forums you might have gotten much much nastier replies if not out right banning you. You are suppose to be a professional, yet you are asking newbie questions, this one in particular can be construed as attacking another roaster....alright enough ranting, I will give you a few sites to start you off.

scaa.org
    coffeereview.com
    coffeeresearch.org
    roastmagazine.com
    sweetmarias.com
    You want cream and sugar?
    NO COFFEE FOR YOU! NEXT!

Coffee is always dependent upon the environment and growing habits of course, but it is well known that Robusta beans are bigger and cheaper with less quality in robustness and aroma, I think that what you wrote is not entirely correct, because yes oxygen and nitrogen are bad but vaccuum sealing coffee has been more than proven to suck the flavor out of the coffee, its been around since the 60's and only large bulk roasters vacuum their coffee for obvious reasons, this is what makes gourmet and specialty roasters different, you don't want to substitute quality for bulk or freshness, the best solution is always to roast fresh to order and ground your own coffee, this is obvious or so i thought, and so you can criticize my spelling error that is cute, and absolutely I know where my coffee is from I'm not that stupid, and thanks for the sites I will check them out, I am always open to research and development, but your spelling is pretty bad as well, we flavor with our own researchers who use flavoring oils within the roasting process, we only roast small batches and fresh to order so we don't vacuum seal or use artificial chemicals to flavor, and yes Columbian is the best for flavored coffee and not Arabica!!!

My roastery is definitely not new, we probably have been around longer then you have been alive. You can check out vacuum sealing coffee by googling it, you will surprisingly find out how much it really does ruin the coffee especially if you are marketing "Gourmet Coffee"

Some of many articles that prove you to be incorrect and way off base, I think that your comments were hurting people more then helping them.. thanks anyways. Please do your research if you want to play hard ball, then we can play bring it on!!!!

About arabic vs robusta
    http://www.ineedcoffee.com/02/arabica/
    http://kaffee.netfirms.com/Coffee/robustavsarabica.html

you check these sites out it seems to me that you are definitely a newbie as far as coffee is concerned
    if you are going make such comments do your research first thanks

about vaccuum sealing
    http://www.peacecoffee.com/pcfg/drcoffee.html

This guy Pug has no idea what he is talking about

please nobody listen pug he or she has no idea what he or she is talking about please check out those sites, they will explain about newbies and marketing tactics for "gourmet Coffee"

What is going on in here?
    This used to be such a nice place to visit.
    Now, there's angry roasters, angry pugs, angry roses, angry mods, and angry ipod spammers everywhere.
    Advertising URL in your signature line was removed by your favorite Moderator.

yea really I just wanted to maybe advertise my site and get friendly advice and all of these angry folks started rebuking and tried to ruin my reputation, its crazy all I want to do is find a forum where the folks love coffee and are willing to give friendly advice and accept it as well..

You know what I mean

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links