Coffee Canister Website feedback

coffeedad

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I am a graphic designer and I am very new to this coffee world. I just finished designing this site and I wanted some feedback. I figured this would be a good place to come for that. I am helping this client sell his canister (yes it does work very well) and I need some ideas on how to promote the site. The site is http://www.keepcoffeefresh.com I am still fine tuning it but I would love some feedback and your thoughts on the product itself. Where do you promote your websites? where are some of the best places to put your web advertising dollars? Thanks so much ahead of time.

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
The site is fine, but there is small problem with the concept: CO2 does not cause coffee to stale, O2 does. CO2 is a natural byproduct of the roasting process, which is degassed during roasting and for several days after until it is replaced by oxygen. Losing volatile aromatics to oxygen causes coffee to have a stale taste.

The reason that roasters nitrogen flush coffee packages is to replace the oxygen in packaging with neutral gas; one-way valves later allow the further expulsion of CO2, but not because it damages the coffee, rather because it would otherwise cause the pack to explode from degassing pressure.

An airtight glass canister is ideal for storage. Freezing works well so long as you freeze immediately after roasting and store the coffee also in an airtight package away from other frozen foods -- unfortunately it is a one way process, you cannot thaw and repeat to gain the same results. For best results, it is always best to buy your coffee roasted freshly in small quantities, so that it is consumed within approximately 3 weeks.

Hope that helps!

Andrew

Ellie

Dec 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
The website is great! The canister looks really nice...I want to buy one. However, I must jump on to what Andrew said about the CO2. CO2 gas is not a problem. And since the whole premise of the ad is that the canister vents "harmful" CO2 gas, it really lacks credibility for anyone who knows this about coffee, presumably those people to whom you are marketing.
Ellen