Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Driving Traffic to Your Web Store

This is a discussion on Driving Traffic to Your Web Store within the Coffee Websites forums, part of the Coffee Industry category; So you've got a website. Great! Now what? How do you get people to come to your site? SEO? Link building? Google adwords? Facebook? Twitter? ...

Driving Traffic to Your Web Store

So you've got a website. Great! Now what? How do you get people to come to your site?
    SEO?
    Link building?
    Google adwords?
    Facebook?
    Twitter?
    Google+?
    Blogging?
    Etc., etc., etc.?

I'm sure all the above are things to do but whose got the time to do it all? So for you webmasters out there successfully running a web store what would you recommend as "best practices"? And considering limited time, if you only had time for three things, what would they be?
    Last edited by expat; 09-29-2012 at 03:05 AM.

2. # ADS

Yes you should do them all for best traffic. You should DEFINATELY work on SEO, start on it from day one. SEO is the one way that you will appear across so many different search engines. One action and you appear on hundreds of engines, oh and link building goes with SEO. As far as adwords, it's a good way to get your name out there at the beginning but I wouldn't rely on it solely. Since it's going to charge you for every click. As for all the social media stuff, start a FB group and a twitter page. From what I've seen from Google+, it's not something to worry about yet. Blogging adds a little something extra to your site, something else for your potential customers. Helps bring them in, and also helps them linger on the site a little more.

You do have time to do it all, just work on everything a little at a time. Set aside days to do certain things. Like I set aside 3 hours on Tuesdays for SEO, I don't touch it the rest of the week. Social media is though out the week, adwords is the least of my worries so it gets the least of my time. If I had to pick 3, 1. SEO 2. Facebook 3. and then Adwords(when your first get started) then go onto blogging, but that's just me. Everything works differently for each person, just experiment and see what works best for you. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by crackofdawncoffee View Post
    From what I've seen from Google+, it's not something to worry about yet.
    there is sufficient evidence out there showing that having an active G+ page can help your website's rankings in Google searches.

i like Google adwords

Quote Originally Posted by coffiend View Post
    there is sufficient evidence out there showing that having an active G+ page can help your website's rankings in Google searches.
    oh, I guess I need to get into that. Thanks for fixing that for me

For promoting the services of your company, you have different media and it's totally depends on you what activities you choose for same. SEO and SMO are the activities for me that can put on the first two places and then rest of the work for promotions.

This works

Seo works for me. Do keyword research and then go after your niche.

Super Moderator

Expat, I'd think hard before starting a blog, as it's important to post articles regularly. An alternative is to post articles on static pages on your website. You still get the benefit of content-rich, highly searchable pages (that are helpful to your customers, to boot). But, you won't look like a flake if you don't post for a few weeks.

Here's a page I found useful;

How to Build Backlinks

Knock 'em Dead,

Dave
    MyVeryOwnCoffee - Espresso Yourself

Haha G+ is going nowhere - I read the other day that the average user is on 3 minutes a month compared to 7 hours for fb!
    SEO, but above all make a good website!
    These guys build our new site for us and seemed to know what they were talking about - jeyjoo.com/blog/rapid-site-growth
    Personally I think it is a lots of hard work

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ads