50% Off Starbucks! *LIMITED TIME OFFER*

Seanmgraham

Apr 10, 2014
NJ
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm new here but I saw that the "10% off Starbucks" post got a lot of attention and thought if you guys liked that you'd LOVE what I have to offer. I operate a website that runs flash sales of highly discounted giftcards each week. This week was $100 Starbucks giftcards and I have a few left over so I thought I'd give you coffee-lovers first crack at them!

So for a very limited time you can buy a $100 Starbucks eGift Code for just $50.

That's HALF OFF!

Pm me here or email me at [email protected] to get your hands on this limited deal!

Thank you all very much and I look forward to subsidizing your addiction! :coffeemug: :D

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Really... you came to a legit coffee forum to post about Starbucks... check yourself

Unfortunately, some people really like Starbucks coffee, and we try our best to wake them up and get them to experience the world of real coffee. Sometimes we succeed, and sometimes we have to keep on trying.

In another thread, Seanmgraham wrote "I love my beautiful girlfriend! and Starbucks!" Either he really loves Starbucks, or he's working for them.... we'll see.

shovenose

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I like Starbucks :) I missed their recent "in home coffee event" which was 25% off but I don't need coffee have too much.

But Sbux isn't bad because it's everywhere, it's consistent, and their rewards program is second to none.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Hey, I like Starbucks :) I missed their recent "in home coffee event" which was 25% off but I don't need coffee have too much.

But Sbux isn't bad because it's everywhere, it's consistent, and their rewards program is second to none.
Your right it's consistent. Consistently tasting like swill mixed with cigarettes.That's why they burn/char everything, along with always being stale beans... get the same gag me flavor consistently at every store :D lol

shovenose

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Your right it's consistent. Consistently tasting like swill mixed with cigarettes.That's why they burn/char everything, along with always being stale beans... get the same gag me flavor consistently at every store :D lol
I see you love Starbucks ;) jk jk Well their Pike Place makes me want to brain myself with a pike (not the fish, the weapon)

DSMenu

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Why not put the offers on digital menuboards. Attractive menuboards plays in important role in product promotion. I can provide you with "easy to use" App to make attractive menuboards.

Stennett

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I like starbucks and any discounts they offer are always welcome. Where can we find their special deals so I can add them to my giift?

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Stennett,

I know you have your likes but it is not a very popular things to say how good Starbucks are here.
May I suggest different type of coffee that might hit your spot?
Try to purchase Dark roasted beans from the local roasters and see if you like them.
Big differences from Starbucks and local roasters are the freshness of the beans.

Good Luck

Redswing

May 30, 2013
Northern California
Visit site
In order to educate myself so I can more properly look down my nose at Starbucks, what about their coffee is stale? I'm assuming it's the post roast distribution? You would think a huge company like that would be going through so much coffee, they wouldn't have roasted beans sitting around in a warehouse somewhere. How hard could it be for them to figure out how much a store goes through in a week and deliver fresh roasted each week? We aren't just picking on them because their successful, are we? I'm not trying to argue in their favor, I just wanna know...because perhaps it's just the roast level and barista ignorance and bad equipment?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I'm not trying to argue in their favor, I just wanna know...because perhaps it's just the roast level and barista ignorance and bad equipment?

It's probably a combination of a lot of things, including using lesser quality beans, roasting them too dark to hide their lesser quality, packing and storing mass quantities of roasted beans, barista indifference, and meriocre equipment. But, lots of people like Starbucks coffee anyway.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Most of the people in US do not go to McDonald or Burger King for the best burger. They know they can get food when they are hungry. But there are some people who swears those burgers are the best.
It is the same reason most of the people go to Starbucks. I am still very thankful for their effort and all the hard work they paved for the industry but they still sell very low quality coffee that were way too over roasted.

I have some funny stories about Starbucks beans but that belongs to another thread.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
In order to educate myself so I can more properly look down my nose at Starbucks, what about their coffee is stale? I'm assuming it's the post roast distribution? You would think a huge company like that would be going through so much coffee, they wouldn't have roasted beans sitting around in a warehouse somewhere. How hard could it be for them to figure out how much a store goes through in a week and deliver fresh roasted each week? We aren't just picking on them because their successful, are we? I'm not trying to argue in their favor, I just wanna know...because perhaps it's just the roast level and barista ignorance and bad equipment?

in Guatemala, company called Olam inspects and allow the exporting companies to sell the Guatemala beans to Starbucks. As I know their beans are HB (hard bean) or SHB (strictly hard bean), cupping score ranging from 73 to 79 which are Not-So-Bad. Of course, we can not call it Specialty beans, however, good enough to make a decent coffee or any other coffee drinks. However, Roasting system is really bad. Beans from each lot from each country, even each region or farm have different density in the beans, different moisture levels. As example, beans from Brazil and Vietnam are softer (Low altitude), however, beans from Guatemala, Costa Rica are smaller and denser (high altitude), so they must roast them in different temperatures and different time. However, as i know, Starbucks just burn them to death. Secondly, baristas are not really well trained and educated, and even if they have good baristas, they can not make good drinks because Starbucks are using automatic machines, "push this button for this and that button for that...etc"

of course, they have bad drinks... it is obvious.
However, you will be surprised to know that many overseas Starbucks make pretty good coffees, real machines and real baristas who will stay in the shop for few years. (in USA Starbucks, they work for few month and get a better paying job at other coffee places. So many new people and turn overs)

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I am sure they purchase certain better type of beans but then tell me how much of those beans were purchased by starbucks. Did you know they purchased over 560 million pound of coffee last year? Also they are the only company who purchase all the Chinese coffee beans? YES they are the only company out there who buys beans from CHINA..... I can't say they only buy cheap beans but they are the biggest cheap bean buyers in the world along with Maxwell and Folgers.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
I am sure they purchase certain better type of beans but then tell me how much of those beans were purchased by starbucks. Did you know they purchased over 560 million pound of coffee last year? Also they are the only company who purchase all the Chinese coffee beans? YES they are the only company out there who buys beans from CHINA..... I can't say they only buy cheap beans but they are the biggest cheap bean buyers in the world along with Maxwell and Folgers.
And they also have pretty much the highest defect beans, they don't care. There's no other way to do it with that volume of theirs, I believe they. They even bought one of their suppliers farms last year. Hence why they burn/char everything b/c of so many defect/poor quality beans, it's the only way they can be consistent across stores vs trying to micro roast everything correctly, you'll get the exact same tasting swill in Tokoyo that you will in FL lol.

However, you will be surprised to know that many overseas Starbucks make pretty good coffees, real machines and real baristas who will stay in the shop for few years. (in USA Starbucks, they work for few month and get a better paying job at other coffee places. So many new people and turn overs)
don't know about that, they phased out all semi-auto and seperate grinder setups here and far as I know rest of the world, I travel a lot and when ever I've walked past or been to a Charbucks as a last resort, it's the same stupid swill from superautos that are in the U.S.

As far as storing, they stockpile and ship, they don't care about freshness or anything (they even say as long as the bags aren't open it'll be fresh for a year or something like that, LOL). Generally 3+ months old by the time it hits a retail store, and 6+ old on retail side. Plus the fact that their roasted poorly means even if you got them 4 days after roast, it'd still suck.