Coffee Spanish for Coffee Buyers Kickstarter

aroaster83

Dec 30, 2012
Portland, OR
Visit site
Salutations everyone!

First of all, I think this belongs here? If not, I'll take care of it.

Anyways, Barista Guild founding member/IP Coffee Mexico Expert Andy Newbom and humble little ole' me wrote a little thing called Coffee Spanish. We aim to give green buyers and enthusiasts the language tools, cultural knowledge, and technical information needed to build relationships that last in Latin America. Backers of the Kickstarter program will get some sweet stuff such as:

• Coffee Posters
  • Signed Books
  • Various Swag
  • Signed Copies and Skype sessions with either of us

You'll see articles and reviews in Daily Coffee News, Barista Magazine, Coffee Lover's Journal, and Fresh Cup in the coming days. Swing on by our page, Coffeespanish.com, to get news and announcements. Kickstarter goes live May 10th.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the rules either aroaster83 (name?). Personally, I think any forum is well served to be kept clean of all commercial offers (including Kickstarter campaigns) as, in a matter of time, they will become the norm and the chore of sifting through all the commercial posts to find legitimate coffee related discussiions will lessen the appeal of hanging out here.

Having said that, at least you are aware and made an attempt to place this post in an appropriate place as allowed by the powers that be, and you are not new member. With this being the case, I hope that Rose and Topher agree that you be given some slack and let it stand.

I think your idea is cool, and will check it out and report back to you. I am hoping to take a trip to Guatemala with Alex (ensoluna) some time this year, so I am thinking this could help bring an old peaberry up to speed on language and culture as needed. Best of luck and Cheers!

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay...I submitted my email to be notified when your campaign starts. I'm eager to see/read more about your offer! Best of luck.

Peaberry

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Okay...I submitted my email to be notified when your campaign starts. I'm eager to see/read more about your offer! Best of luck.

Peaberry

Hey, if Mr. Peaberry thinks it's okay, it's fine with me!

Anything that enhances our understanding of the world of coffee language and culture is welcome here.

Good deals and specials are always nice too!

Rose

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey, if Mr. Peaberry thinks it's okay, it's fine with me!

Anything that enhances our understanding of the world of coffee language and culture is welcome here.

Good deals and specials are always nice too!

Rose

I glad you agree Rose, and glad my "endorsement" is well regarded. Thanks!

I just received an email announcing the impending launch of this kickstarter campaign. I would encourage anyone on this forum with a dream of someday being able to work with, or travel to, origin countries in Latin America to check this out!

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
i just signed up for it, as i am in a coffee producing Spanish speaking country. i know about 30% of the coffee language. the other 70% utilizing a translator.

aroaster83

Dec 30, 2012
Portland, OR
Visit site
i just signed up for it, as i am in a coffee producing Spanish speaking country. i know about 30% of the coffee language. the other 70% utilizing a translator.

It's definitely an overview of the key words you need to communicate, both from Spanish to English and English to Spanish. I was up until 1AM finalizing the backer rewards and just doing that "Must check it one more time!" thing ;-) The book translates common terms (images attached) for general communication and regional differences per country. The idea being you can point to something, or reference it, to ensure everyone understands. The core is every major Latin American nation that produces coffee has both key data, an overview of their coffee production, and interview with an in-country expert, and travel tips.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 6.13.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-09 at 6.12.34 AM.png

Benefits for backers over the eventual retail:

*Digital and Print Book with hand written dedication
*Multiple books w/ discounts with the set of Spanish translations in postcard size reference form
*Spanish translation posters

Each item ranges from 10-25% (roughly based on package) off the final retail price.

aroaster83

Dec 30, 2012
Portland, OR
Visit site
Beat me to it! The feedback has been awesome and Andy I were stoked at the support we received here. If you have questions or anything, just shout. I'm happy to answer anything the community has about the content, their experiences with the book, or just general coffee know-how.