Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    40

    Coffee Spanish for Coffee Buyers Kickstarter

    Salutations everyone!

    First of all, I think this belongs here? If not, I'll take care of it.

    Anyways, Barista Guild founding member/IP Coffee Mexico Expert Andy Newbom and humble little ole' me wrote a little thing called Coffee Spanish. We aim to give green buyers and enthusiasts the language tools, cultural knowledge, and technical information needed to build relationships that last in Latin America. Backers of the Kickstarter program will get some sweet stuff such as:


    • Coffee Posters
    • Signed Books
    • Various Swag
    • Signed Copies and Skype sessions with either of us


    You'll see articles and reviews in Daily Coffee News, Barista Magazine, Coffee Lover's Journal, and Fresh Cup in the coming days. Swing on by our page, Coffeespanish.com, to get news and announcements. Kickstarter goes live May 10th.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    730
    Not sure about the rules either aroaster83 (name?). Personally, I think any forum is well served to be kept clean of all commercial offers (including Kickstarter campaigns) as, in a matter of time, they will become the norm and the chore of sifting through all the commercial posts to find legitimate coffee related discussiions will lessen the appeal of hanging out here.

    Having said that, at least you are aware and made an attempt to place this post in an appropriate place as allowed by the powers that be, and you are not new member. With this being the case, I hope that Rose and Topher agree that you be given some slack and let it stand.

    I think your idea is cool, and will check it out and report back to you. I am hoping to take a trip to Guatemala with Alex (ensoluna) some time this year, so I am thinking this could help bring an old peaberry up to speed on language and culture as needed. Best of luck and Cheers!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    730
    Okay...I submitted my email to be notified when your campaign starts. I'm eager to see/read more about your offer! Best of luck.

    Peaberry

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    Okay...I submitted my email to be notified when your campaign starts. I'm eager to see/read more about your offer! Best of luck.

    Peaberry
    Hey, if Mr. Peaberry thinks it's okay, it's fine with me!

    Anything that enhances our understanding of the world of coffee language and culture is welcome here.

    Good deals and specials are always nice too!

    Rose

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Hey, if Mr. Peaberry thinks it's okay, it's fine with me!

    Anything that enhances our understanding of the world of coffee language and culture is welcome here.

    Good deals and specials are always nice too!

    Rose
    I glad you agree Rose, and glad my "endorsement" is well regarded. Thanks!

    I just received an email announcing the impending launch of this kickstarter campaign. I would encourage anyone on this forum with a dream of someday being able to work with, or travel to, origin countries in Latin America to check this out!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Posts
    335
    i just signed up for it, as i am in a coffee producing Spanish speaking country. i know about 30% of the coffee language. the other 70% utilizing a translator.
    Cafe Mistico
    Lima, Peru "small artisan roaster"

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by namballe View Post
    i just signed up for it, as i am in a coffee producing Spanish speaking country. i know about 30% of the coffee language. the other 70% utilizing a translator.
    It's definitely an overview of the key words you need to communicate, both from Spanish to English and English to Spanish. I was up until 1AM finalizing the backer rewards and just doing that "Must check it one more time!" thing The book translates common terms (images attached) for general communication and regional differences per country. The idea being you can point to something, or reference it, to ensure everyone understands. The core is every major Latin American nation that produces coffee has both key data, an overview of their coffee production, and interview with an in-country expert, and travel tips.

    Coffee Spanish for Coffee Buyers Kickstarter-screen-shot-2016-05-09-6.13.03-am.pngCoffee Spanish for Coffee Buyers Kickstarter-screen-shot-2016-05-09-6.12.34-am.png

    Benefits for backers over the eventual retail:

    *Digital and Print Book with hand written dedication
    *Multiple books w/ discounts with the set of Spanish translations in postcard size reference form
    *Spanish translation posters

    Each item ranges from 10-25% (roughly based on package) off the final retail price.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1
    Anything that enhance knowledge would be appreciated.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,180

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    40
    Beat me to it! The feedback has been awesome and Andy I were stoked at the support we received here. If you have questions or anything, just shout. I'm happy to answer anything the community has about the content, their experiences with the book, or just general coffee know-how.

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Need Buyers of My Coffee Beans
    By deniprakosa in forum Coffee Industry Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-28-2016, 12:41 PM
  2. JavaDrum on Kickstarter!
    By coffeeroastersclub in forum Deals and Specials
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2016, 06:07 PM
  3. PR- Coffee Extract Tower on Kickstarter
    By ianleblanc in forum Business to Business B2B
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 01:37 PM
  4. Coffee Machine Site in Spanish request for feedback
    By jnavarro in forum Coffee Websites
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 04:52 AM
  5. Spanish Caramelized Coffee
    By BeanGrinder in forum Coffee Roasters
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 08:52 PM

Tags for this Thread